I am trying to install F-Secure Computer Protection or Server Protection on a Windows host and it failed between 80 to 99%.
In fsdiag, NetworkInstaller.log displays the following entry:
*E: MsiMessageCallback: MSI: Service 'F-Secure Hoster (Restricted)' (fsnethoster) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
*E: MsiHandler::RunMsi: MSI returned code 1603
Follow the workaround below to fix the installation issue:
- Rename following files to anything else (e.g. vcruntime140_old.dll):
- On 64 bit Windows:
- On 32 bit Windows:
If the steps above do not help, there is a possibility that registry key HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20 doesn't have the required permission for NETWORK SERVICE and fsnethoster is unable to create an entry there.
- Restart the computer
Follow the steps below to fix the issue:
- Click Start
- Type regedit, and press Enter
- Navigate to and select registry key
- Select Edit
- Select Permissions
- Click Add...
- Type NETWORK SERVICE (if you are using a non English version of Windows, this name will be different. In German for example it is Netzwerkdienst)
- Click Check Names (the name should get underlined)
- Click OK
- Check Allow checkbox for Full Control (also Read permission should be automatically allowed)
- Click Apply
- Click OK
Article no: 000002638