New PSB login flow and two-factor authentication setup
The new PSB login flow enables:
- Shared login to both the Protection Service for Business (PSB) and Rapid Detection and Response (RDR) portal with the same credentials; and
- Two-factor authentication for all PSB users.
- PSB admins should access their normal PSB instance:
- In the "F-Secure Business Account" box, type in your username and click Log in.
A new login page appears with your username prefilled.
- Fill in your password and click Log in.
Note: Once you are logged in, and if you have an RDR license, you can access the RDR portal directly by going to the navigation menu in the top-right corner.
Tip: The new authentication back-end requires a unique email address. From the end-user's point of view, the same email address can be used by decorating it (an example: email@example.com -> firstname.lastname@example.org) so that:
- emails are received normally as our email gateway will remove the "+abc" part prior to sending the email;
- the email address is considered unique in our authentication system.
Note: It is preferable to always log in with the username to avoid confusion. If you use your email address to log in or in "Forgot my password" operations, you must use the decorated form which is unique in the authentication system.
- Set up two-factor authentication (2FA)
Before you set up two-step verification:
- Install an authentication app, such as Google Authenticator or Duo Mobile on your mobile device.
- Make sure your mobile device can read QR codes.
- Click on the arrow next to your username in the top right-hand corner, then click on My account.
- Click on the "Configure 2-Step Verification" link at the bottom of the page.
- Next to 2-step Verification, click Change.
- Click Set up.
- Follow the instructions on the screen, then enter the security code from mobile authentication app, and click Turn on.
Two-factor authentication is now set up for your PSB account.
Important: Save the recovery codes. These are needed if, for some reason, you are unable to access the mobile authentication app.