F-Secure Cloud Protection for Microsoft Office 365 provides an effective protection against the most sophisticated phishing, malicious content, and targeted attacks. We are launching the mailbox management feature to simplify and improve the customization of mailboxes for protection and to provide complete visibility to administrators on the status of protected mailboxes at all times.
This feature will become available to administrators in F-Secure Cloud Protection for Microsoft Office 365 management portal from March 2, 2021
Why mailbox management is important?
Good manageability of a security solution helps administrators to easily set up the solution, which means removing extra effort and avoiding mistakes that could be caused by manual configurations. The mailbox management feature helps administrators to conveniently set up protection for selected active users as needed. The feature provides visibility to the administrators of how many users are protected versus unprotected, giving a full security overview of the mailboxes.
How to set up mailboxes for protection using the mailbox management feature?
Check out the video to learn how to set up protection for mailboxes for a new Microsoft 365 domain using this feature
What are the changes to the functionality of the solution after mailbox management feature is available?
- The policy setting for configuring mailboxes will be removed. (Figure 1)
- No mailbox will be protected by default. Administrators are required to set up the mailboxes for protection as soon as a new Cloud Service connection for a Microsoft 365 domain is added (check out the setup flow in the above video). This change will allow administrators to always protect the required mailboxes and properly use the purchased license from the beginning.
What are the changes required for already set-up cloud services and protected mailboxes?
- No changes are required for Cloud services that are already set up.
- After the feature is available in the production portal, the existing mailboxes that are set up in a policy will be migrated automatically to the new settings in the Exchange Online tab (in the Cloud service menu). No changes are needed if all the required mailboxes are already protected.
- You can view the list of all mailboxes (both the protected and unprotected) in your domain by selecting a cloud service from the Cloud services menu and then selecting the Exchange Online tab.
- In the Exchange Online tab, you can review at all time the list of protected mailboxes, select the mailboxes for protection, or turn off the protection if a mailbox no longer needs to be protected.