- The MSG appliance has stopped sending emails out to external domain addresses
- Sending emails to internal domain addresses works without issue
- Receiving emails from any sender works normally
- Outgoing connector is showing errors about invalid certificates
The problem might be caused by an invalid or expired certificate on the MSG-appliance
To verify the active certificate:
If the wrong certificate is in use, it can be changed on the Services-page from step 3. Use the dropdown menus to change the certificate for all services and click Save changes.
- Log in to the MSG web UI
- Select the System-tab on the top of the page
- Navigate to System->Certificates->Services using the menu on the left-hand side
- Note which certificate is in use for the different services
- Navigate to System->Certificates->Certificates
- Verify the validity of the certificate(s) that is in use
If the certificate in use has expired, use the Generate Certificate Request-button on the Certificates-page from step 5 to start the process of adding a new certificate to the MSG-appliance. Use the created certificate request with an acquired certificate from a certificate vendor to make a new certificate for the MSG, then import the new certificate into the appliance using the Import-button, also on the Certificates-page from step 5. After this, use the instructions mentioned above to change the active certificate for all services, and save the changes.
Article no: 000018374