Changing evaluation license to full license
This article describes how to change the evaluation license to a full license in F-Secure Messaging Security Gateway.
If the F-Secure Messaging Security Gateway has been in evaluation with an evaluation activation key, it must be activated with a real activation key after the evaluation period is over. This can be done with a handful of easy steps and no system restart is required.
To activate the product with the real license key, the evaluation key must first be deactivated. Once that is done, the real key must be activated. If you have not received the real key after the purchase, contact F-Secure.
Note: Do not proceed without the real activation key.
To activate the key:
- On the web user interface, go to the System > License and Updates > Licenses page.
- Make sure that the F-Secure Activation Status shows as "Activated" and that the F-Secure Activation ID has the current evaluation key. Click the Deactivate button.
- In the resulting pop-up window, confirm the deactivation by clicking the Deactive ID button.
- Once the ID has been deactivated, click the Activate button.
- In the pop-up window, replace the default activation key (pps_customer) with your real activation key and click the Activate ID button.
The product has now been activated with the proper, non-evaluation key.