How can I get the latest upgrade of F-Secure Messaging Security Gateway?
This article explains what you need to do to get the F-Secure Messaging Security Gateway (MSG) product upgraded to the latest version.
Once F-Secure releases a new version of the MSG product, to get the new product version:
- Create a support request by using the support request form on our website.
- Fill in the required data in the support request form.
- In the details field, enter the Activation ID of your F-Secure MSG. Tip: You can find the Activation ID in the top-right corner of the admin console, and it is of format fsecure_production-xxxxxxxxx:
- F-Secure Support will release the upgrade package, and you can install it whenever most suitable for you.
To apply the product upgrade:
Note: Once the upgrade package has been released, the new software version will automatically be downloaded into the system.
- Before upgrading, perform a database check on each device. Go to System > Servers > Server [+] > db:
- Click Run Utility and make sure it results in "Database check completed":
- Start the upgrade by clicking System > Licenses and Updates > General > Upgrade:
Note: If your environment contains more than just one device, start by upgrading the master device first!