Fingerprint unlock issue with KEY 220.127.116.11 onwards on some Samsung devices
With the release of KEY 18.104.22.168 and onwards, we have noticed that the fingerprint functionality with KEY is not behaving as expected on some Samsung devices, for example, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
The issue appears as follows: When you go to unlock the app with the fingerprint sensor, instead of opening up the app, the screen remains dim and unresponsive.
To resolve the issue, you need to switch the screen lock off and on again. The screen lock is needed for you to use the fingerprint functionality.
The following instructions are for a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone. Here is what to do:
- On your phone, go to Settings > Lock screen and security > Screen lock type.
- Select None as the screen lock type. This turns off the screen lock and a prompt appears to back up your fingerprints.
- On the prompt, select KEEP DATA. The SELECT BACKUP TYPE screen appears.
- On the SELECT BACKUP TYPE screen, select SAMSUNG ACCOUNT to back up your fingerprints to your Samsung account, or select BACKUP PASSWORD to create a separate password to secure your fingerprints.
- Once you have done this, select Screen lock type to turn on the lock screen again.
- Set a secure screen lock.
- Open KEY. The app prompts for the master password.
- Enter your master password. The app unlocks.
Once you have done this, you can turn on the fingerprint unlock again on the app lock screen.