How do I create a Master Password Recovery Code in KEY on my desktop device?
Important: We strongly recommend that you create an F-Secure KEY Master Password Recovery Code as soon as you have taken F-Secure KEY into use as this is the only way for you to regain your F-Secure KEY Master Password should you forget it.
To create your Master Password Recovery Code:
- Sign in to F-Secure KEY on your desktop device.
- Click Settings > Create recovery code.
The image is automatically created.
- Click Save to save the image.
- Enter your Master Password, and click OK.
- Select a folder where to save the recovery code image, and click Save.
- Go to the folder to which you saved the image, and print it out.
- Delete the file from your device once you've printed out the code.
Note: We recommend that you save the code as an image and print the file out for safekeeping, rather than store the Master Password Recovery Code in a file system or a cloud storage service.