How do I get F-Secure KEY to create a password on my desktop device?
In F-Secure KEY, you can get KEY to generate a safe password for you. You can choose the length and the complexity of the password.
- Go to an entry, and click Edit.
- In the Password field, click the dice icon.
The Generate Password view opens.
- Drag the slider from side to side to select the amount of characters you want in your password.
- Check or uncheck the checkbox to select the type of characters you want in your password.
For example, lower case letters (abc), upper case letters (ABC), numbers (123), or special characters (+.-_).
- Click the Generate button to change the variation.
- To take the generated password into use, click Use.
- To save the entry, click Save.
Important: If you change or generate a password in KEY, remember also to change your password in the web service or application.