How do I store a new password in F-Secure KEY on my desktop device?
This article describes how you can store passwords in F-Secure KEY on a desktop device.
To store a new password:
- Open the F-Secure KEY app and select Passwords.
- Click the plus icon. The Add new window opens.
- Select Password. The Add new page opens.
- In the Title field, enter the name of the website or online service.
- Click on the globe symbol next to the Title field and choose one of the available symbols. Depending on the symbol you choose, the fields that follow may vary.
- If you want to choose a new color for the entry, click on the color next to the globe symbol.
- In the User name field, enter the user name that you use for the website or service.
- In the Password field, do one of the following:
- Create a password. We recommend using only strong passwords.
- Click the dice icon to let KEY generate a strong, random password for you. When you are satisfied with the password, click Use.
Note: Click the open eye icon if you want to view the password.
- In the Web address field, enter the web address (URL) of the log-in page of the online service.
Tip: Add the web address to your entry for quick access to the site. In the KEY main view, you can then click on your color-coded symbol to go directly to the website.
- In the Notes field, type in any additional information you may have.
- Click Save.
The new credentials have now been added to KEY.
Important: If you change or generate a password in KEY, remember also to change your password in the web service or application.
In addition to passwords, you can also save social security numbers, credit card numbers, PIN & PUK codes, and WiFi and WLAN keys as entries in KEY.