When adding the code for [OLD] F-Secure Internet Security renewal, I am getting a "Check that you entered the subscription key correctly" error message.
This error usually points to the misspelling of the subscription key. Please try again by copying the code from the purchase confirmation email, and pasting it into the field. Also verify that your code is an [OLD] F-Secure Internet Security code, which consists of five groups of 4-characters (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX).
To activate [OLD] F-Secure Internet Security code:
- Open the F-Secure Internet Security program (which can be found as an icon on your desktop)
- Click Renew or Already have a new subscription code? in the upper part of the program interface
- Insert the license code, and click Continue
Make sure that the license you purchased is not for [OLD] F-Secure Anti-Virus. The code looks the same (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX), but won't work with the [OLD] F-Secure Internet Security program, since it uses its own installer. You can find all installation files for our consumer products on our downloads page.
Please note, that if the code is an [NEW] F-Secure Internet Security (formerly known SAFE) or F-Secure Total code, which consists of four 5-letter groups (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX), you can't enter it into an F-Secure Internet Security program.
To activate an [NEW] F-Secure Internet Security or F-Secure Total code:
- Log in to your My F-Secure account https://my.f-secure.com
- Close possible renewal notification
- Select Subscription
- Select I want to... under Manage your subscriptions headline
- Select Enter subscription code on the drop-down menu
- Select Enter subscription code
- Enter your F-Secure Total code and select Continue
- Confirm the changes
If all above fails, check that your computer is showing the correct date and time. Reinstallation from the article link HERE of the program using the removal tool and reinstalling it again could help rectify the issue with the subscription activation
Article no: 000001484