My FREEDOME VPN account ID does not work
This topic explains why FREEDOME VPN sometimes does not accept the account ID you have bought.
Note: This article applies to you only if you have a standalone version of the F-Secure FREEDOME VPN product.
You have bought an F-Secure FREEDOME VPN subscription. When you enter the account ID in the FREEDOME VPN app, the app does not accept it.
As there are several types of purchasable account IDs for FREEDOME VPN, there are a number of reasons why your account ID may not work:
- You may already have a purchased FREEDOME VPN subscription, and you are trying to renew the subscription with a promotional account ID.
- Your free 5-day FREEDOME VPN trial has come to an end, and you are trying to extend the trial with a promotional account ID.
- You have a multi-platform subscription and all the licenses with that subscription are already in use.
To solve the issue, do the following:
- If you already have a purchased FREEDOME VPN subscription, you cannot renew the subscription with a promotional account ID. To renew your subscription, you have to buy a valid subscription with a new account ID.
- If your subscription is a multi-device subscription, release a license by doing a license transfer. See the related topic on how to transfer a license.