Samsung's Dual Messenger and LG's Dual App may prevent FREEDOME VPN from working
This topic describes how to fix the issue in which Samsung's Dual Messenger or LG's Dual App prevents FREEDOME VPN from working.
This issue occurs at least on some Samsung devices, including Galaxy S10, with the latest firmware updates (as of August 2020) when Dual Messenger is used. This may also occur on some LG devices with the Dual App feature.
If the Dual Messenger feature is enabled and FREEDOME VPN has been configured so that it allows one or more apps to bypass the VPN connection, FREEDOME VPN will not be able to establish a VPN connection. Similar behavior may occur with the LG devices with Dual App enabled. Also, this issue affects several other apps similar to FREEDOME VPN.
We don't know if Samsung and LG will fix the issue in their future firmware updates. For the time being, use one of the following workarounds to solve the issue:
- Remove the apps from bypassing the VPN connection:
- Open FREEDOME VPN.
- Select Menu > Settings > Apps bypassing VPN.
- Untick the desired checkbox next to the app that you want to remove from bypassing.
- Depending on your device, do one of the following:
- Samsung device: turn off the Dual Messenger feature from the device settings:
- Select Settings > Advanced features > Dual Messenger.
- Turn off the Dual Messenger feature.
- Wait at least for 10 minutes before the change takes effect.
- LG device: turn off the Dual App feature from the device settings:
- Select Settings > General > Dual app.
- Remove all the applications from the Dual app list.
- Restart your device to take the change into use.