Why is there no tracking attempts shown by the F-Secure FREEDOME Tracking protection tracking attemps blocked statistic?
F-Secure FREEDOME does not block any tracking from HTTPS traffic, because that would require a man-in-the-middle attack against the HTTPS, and the related security risks outweigh the possible privacy gains. FREEDOME only prevents HTTP traffic, and many sites these days use HTTPS traffic. You can read more here.
Try the following steps to verify with Tracker Mapper that the Tracking Protection is working as intended:
If the Tracker Mapper does not show any tracking attempts even after visiting the F-Secure test tracking site, re-install FREEDOME and try again.
- Open F-Secure FREEDOME
- Turn FREEDOME protection ON
- Go to the Tracking protection tab and make sure the feature is enabled
- Click Learn more and click Show tracker mapper
- Click Start a new log
- Launch any of your Internet browsers and go to http://trackingdomain.fstestdomain.com
- Go back to FREEDOME Tracker Mapper and check the result. It can take between 5-30 seconds before the tracking attempt is shown in the Tracker Mapper
If the tracking attempts are not recorded by FREEDOME after a re-installation, proceed to contact the F-Secure Support.
Article no: 000001885