My FREEDOME VPN subscription code does not work
This topic explains why FREEDOME VPN sometimes does not accept the subscription code you have bought.
Note: This article applies to you only if you have a standalone version of the F-Secure FREEDOME VPN product.
You have bought an F-Secure FREEDOME VPN subscription. When you enter the subscription code in the FREEDOME VPN app, the app does not accept it.
As there are several types of purchasable subscription codes for FREEDOME VPN, there are a number of reasons why your code may not work:
- You may already have a purchased FREEDOME VPN subscription, and you are trying to renew the subscription with a promotional code.
- Your free 5-day FREEDOME VPN trial has come to an end, and you are trying to extend the trial with a promotional code.
- If you have purchased the subscription on an app store, you cannot use the code on your desktop device.
- You have a multi-platform subscription and all the licenses with that subscription are already in use.
To solve the issue, do the following:
- If you already have a purchased FREEDOME VPN subscription, you cannot renew the subscription with a promotional code. To renew your subscription, you have to buy a valid subscription code.
- If your subscription is a multi-device subscription, release a license by doing a license transfer. See the related topic on how to transfer a license.