Still not possible to import excel - one solution which worked for me
Most people who don't previously have a password manager app use some type of office app like excel to store their passwords. My excel had over 100 passwords and I couldn't find a way to import those into KEY. It took me two hours and forty minutes of experimentation but I did the following:
- download KeePass 2 for free and create a database (you have to create a password or similar)
- arrange the excel file into five columns with column titles as follows Title, User Name, Password, URL, Notes; to be safe the file should contain no other data or sheets with data
- save the excel file as CSV file
- Import the file into KeepPass2 using Generic CSV importer; I had to replace the field separator , with a ;
- Export the data into a KeePass xml (2.x) file
- import the data into KEY
Worked perfectly for me and without the trial error it should not take that long, but it is really a shame that doing this involves downloading a competing password manager.
There was a post from someone else where one of the replies proposed another solution (don't know if that works or is safe - didn't see it until now):
such an important product and presumably such an easy fix?