Can't install on Mac

I downloaded the free installer to try, but it will not install on my Mac.  I double-click the DMG file and it flashes, but does nothing.  I am running High Sierra if that helps.  I'd really like to try the product, as I need to move to a cloud-based password manager for multiple devices, but I can't test if I can't install.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Best Answer

• RandomGirlRandomGirl Posts: 10
    Accepted Answer

I finally got it installed.  I had to go through several different downloads, but I finally got one that worked.  Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Answers

• Hello RandomGirl

Some ideas:
    - operating system ought to be OS X 10.7 or later, but I don't know how is it with High Sierra? Perhaps someone else knows better?
    - installing briefly:
    * download the .dmg installation package to MAC
    * the app icon and installation folder appear
    * drag the app icon on the top of installation folder > installation takes place
    * when ready > create your Key Master Password

I hope that key opens this lock.
    😊Näsäviisas
  • Unfortunately, I don't even get to the point where the app icon and installation folder appears.  The .dmg icon flashes, but nothing further happens.

• UkkoUkko Posts: 2,895

@RandomGirl wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't even get to the point where the app icon and installation folder appears.  The .dmg icon flashes, but nothing further happens.

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solution; and not about Mac-platform);

As noted words (or quote from this knowledgebase article) comes with meanings:

Second step -- Drag the application icon on top of the installation folder (as with any other OS X software), and installation takes place. 

So, if usual/designed steps for Mac - not working there. Can be some options like:

--> try to contact direct F-Secure Support Channel (chat/phone):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

--> OR maybe official F-Secure staff with abilities re-check about 'does it global trouble or local-based';

Or/and some Mac-experienced users able to place good advices about situation.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.