Policy Manager Server stopped working after upgrading to the latest 12.21
Products affected: Policy Manager Server 12.21
Problem: Policy Manager Server stopped working after upgrading to the latest 12.21.
1. All modules on the Policy Manager Server are offline as indicated by the Status Monitor.
2. Policy Manager admins are unable to logon to the Policy Manager Console.
1. Uninstall Policy Manager 12.21, and re-install the previous working version of Policy Manager.
2. Restore H2DB from the backup with reference to the following article: https://help.f-secure.com/product.html?business/policy-manager/12.10/en/task_E1DB5A93FC5B4AF7AE32027CE262CA4F-12.10-en
3. Stop F-Secure Policy Manager Server service.
4. Run the H2DB recovery tool to fix, and compact the H2DB:
a. ...\F-Secure\Management Server 5\bin\fspms-db-recover.bat (PM 12.10 or newer)
b. ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/pm/recovery-tool/ (PM 12.00 or older)
5. Take the recovered H2DB into use.
6. Start F-Secure Policy Manager Server service, and upgrade to the latest PM 12.21.
ETA: Fixed in PM 12.30 Release
Internal reference: CTS-98408