Premium Code doesn't work - syncing doesn't work

I had earlier one year subscription for F-Secure Key which was from march 2014 to march 2015 and it was working fine between different android devices and windows clients.

Now I bought new code for two years and it doesn't work. I put it in Android phone but I can't get it to sync to other android tablets or to Windows. When I try to sync devices the client just stays there and doesn't sync. Also androids valid to date is something weird, but it seems that it is a bug.

I have tried to reinstall android and windows clients but nothing is working.

How do I get this to work?

Best Answer

• dukavidukavi Posts: 107
    Accepted Answer

We can grant you new voucher.

We will contact in PM.

Comments

• JassuJassu Posts: 42

I have 100% same situation. Hopefully support can resolve this ASAP.

I have also opened several tickets here, but no answers yet.

• AxollottAxollott Posts: 10
    I have same problem which has been reported here http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key/Syncing-Problems-in-Android-app/td-p/69144 without having the luxury of your attention.
  • DinoDino Posts: 5

I got new voucher and I entered it on android about a week ago. Subscription end date is also correct now. Now there seems to be new win desktop version 3.0.112 wich I installed and syncing between android and win is working.

• JassuJassu Posts: 42
    Ok, so you first installed voucher to android and after that synced other devices?

If so, hopefully F-Secure offers new 24 month voucher to me too, so i could test.

This is so frustrating to have problem with the android-software, i don't have any passwords in my phone and it maked device nearly useless. All windows-devices are syncing without problems, but my 2 androids are not.
  • DinoDino Posts: 5

Yes. I don't remember did I uninstall android client first and did new install after that. But new code to android first. After new code subscription end date is now on 2017. I waited new win client and now after installation of new client sync is working. Luckily I got "backup" of passwords so I did also win version uninstall and wasn't afraid of lost passwords.

Not very pleasant experience but hopefully everythig is working now atleast two years.

• miltsimiltsi Posts: 2

Hi, I have the same problem. My brand new voucher code for two years does not work. I'm using a Mac laptop and Android phone. Can I get a new code?

• rednalajrednalaj Posts: 2

Hi,

installed a version of KEY that was provided on purchase of SAFE. Entered Premium voucher. Got a prompt to update KEY software, ran it on my OSX 10.10.3. as a aresult, no more Premium. Voucher not valid anymore. Sad Panda.

@miltsi wrote:

Hi, I have the same problem. My brand new voucher code for two years does not work. I'm using a Mac laptop and Android phone. Can I get a new code?

How exactly it doesn't work?

Does KEY application say it is not Premium?

• rednalajrednalaj Posts: 2

On the front page after entering master pw it says KEY FREE on the side pane.

KEY 1st

When trying to give premium voucher it states it's allready been used, which is true.

KEY2

I allready entered my Premium voucher on the previous version. As a result of the version upgrade, I no longer have premium.

• miltsimiltsi Posts: 2

I have exactly the same situation as rednalaj.

• iusoiuso Posts: 6

Same problem here:

I got premium voucher, does not work. Desktop app freezes. Frustrating!

Still not working. Anyone there?

Yesterday I figured out that one should not copy paste "KEY-" part of the code (?). But when leaving that out I got a message saying that my code might have expired.

• MaakuMaaku Posts: 3

I've the same problem. F-Secure Key does not accept my Premium Voucher which I received via email on Monday 17th May.

The error message have mostly been: 'Voucher has been already used or has expired'. Or then the Redeem button just freezes and nothing happens.

@Maaku wrote:

I've the same problem. F-Secure Key does not accept my Premium Voucher which I received via email on Monday 17th May.

The error message have mostly been: 'Voucher has been already used or has expired'. Or then the Redeem button just freezes and nothing happens.

"Voucher has been already used or has expired" - is the reason why it is not accepted.

Typical voucher can be used just once. It also has a specific date untill it has to be activated.

I would guess one of these 2 conditions are not met.

@rednalaj wrote:

On the front page after entering master pw it says KEY FREE on the side pane.

KEY 1st

When trying to give premium voucher it states it's allready been used, which is true.

KEY2

I allready entered my Premium voucher on the previous version. As a result of the version upgrade, I no longer have premium.

You cannot use the same voucher twice, but you may connect to other device that has Premium status.

This discussion has been closed.