F-Secure Key causing ConnectWise application to crash.

I just started using the premium version of F-Secure Key (trying to switch over from LastPASS) and it is working great for the most part, but I am having a major issue. When I have the F-Secure Key app open on my laptop, it crashes the CRM program that my company uses to manage our clients (http://www.connectwise.com/).

I do know that the ConnectWise app is dependent on InternetExplorer to run, so this might be an easy thing for you all to fix. I don't know if you would have to reach out to the developers at ConnectWise (located in Tampa, FL) or not, but it would be great to see this little issue fixed. I really like F-Secure Key, it's really simple to use and looks great, but if it keeps crashing the main program that I have to use as part of my job, then I'm afraid that I will have to stick with LastPASS. Smiley Sad

If there is something I can do on my end to help troubleshoot the issue, please reach out to me! I will do whatever I can to help out. :)

Thanks!

-matt

Comments

• We've now tested KEY with the same version of ConnectWise on Windows 8.1 Pro but so far we have not been able to reproduce the crash.

• StooStoo Posts: 13

That is so bizarre. I wonder what is different about my setup that is causing this particular issue. Sometimes when I have KEY open and go to create new calendar entries for my team members, it opens up a bunch of new tabs for no reason. I usually have 15 tabs open in ConnectWise at any given time. They vary between service boards, calendars, dispatch portals, time sheets, etc.

When I close Key and restart the ConnecWise program, the issues stop. I'm stumped.

If you'd like any logs or something to help troubleshoot, please let me know. I would also be OK with setting up a time for a remote session so you can see first-hand what I'm experiencing and that might give you a better idea of what might be causing the problem.

• ChrissyChrissy Posts: 439
    Hi Stoo!

Just wondering if this issue ever solved itself, or if you're still hoping for some advice? Please let us know!
  • StooStoo Posts: 13
    It's still happening. Smiley Sad
This discussion has been closed.