Auto fill-in in Firefox

Hi,

Just installed the F-Secure Key and are trying it out. Is it possible at all to have the Key auto fill-in login credentials in Firefox (I currently use Firefox 29.0.1)? Naturally, I have noticed the Ctrl + F2 "solution", but really don't consider pressing two buttons, and selecting from a long, long list of Key entries as being automatic.

Did I miss something?

/Paul

Best Answer

Comments

• BayaniBayani Posts: 58

Hi Paul,

There should be an auto fill-in feature with F-Secure Key. Have you tried to test with a different web browser to see if it works there?

• KiwimanKiwiman Posts: 4

Thanks for your reply!

I've tried Firefox (my primary browser) and Internet Explorer, none of them auto-fills anything. Please note that the Ctrl+F2 works fine with both FF and IE (and most times the Key-icon triggering the dropdown works fine as well).

However, having to click an icon (or press two buttons) and then select from a 100+ items list is not what I define as automatic.

Is there a better way? Would love to use the product, and pay for it, but without this feature working it's quite useless.

/Paul

Ok, I see.

I will check with our technicians and get back to you as soon as I can.

Any news on this one? Is there an auto-fill feature or not?

/Paul

Still looking into it. Reminder sent yesterday. Will let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Hi,

Ah, I missed the "start typing" part of selecting the correct entry, it certainly improves the usability. Thanks for pointing that out!

A nice feature for the future, to have it even more automatically, would be browser plugins detecting the URL and fill in the login form automatically (kind of like Firefox internal password handler). Naturally, would only work in browsers, though.

/Paul

• JuhaTJuhaT Posts: 55

I took a note of your feature request. It provides us valuable input when designing further improvements to the various functionalities we have. Thank you.

-Juha

This discussion has been closed.