Announcement: New Knowledge Base

4 June 2020: We are pleased to announce the launch of a new Knowledge Base, Changelogs for Business Security Products, where you can find more details, such as bugfixes or new features, about the most recent releases of our business-related products.

cache.001,cache.002 and so on...

hi, i am using f-secure client security 9 . i want to know is it safe to delete file name cache.001 and so on in c:\program files\f-secure\anti-virus\aquarius\core. it takes about 200 MB in my hdd space.

Best Answer

• JaysonJayson Posts: 595
    Accepted Answer

Hi suhadi,

These cache files is required for applying Aquarius updates on the Client Security, it should not be removed or deleted. Disk space required for Client Security is at least 800 MB, please check does your computer meet the system requirements.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

Answers

• thanks a lot....

• MJ-perCompMJ-perComp Posts: 1,098

Hi,

800 MB is too little free space!

During signature download FSAUA is inserting the downloaded differentials into the existing file-set. This process can need an other 500MB for a short moment!

A Clinet Security 9.20 currently occupies 834 MB (no update running) and the size is constantly increasing due to the size of the signatures. 1GB is most likely to be reached in Q1/12!

Requirements should be set to 1,5 GB !

BR

• thats a lot of space..

• MJ-perCompMJ-perComp Posts: 1,098

True,

but you want to be protected from a lot of malware:

http://www.av-test.org/en/statistics/malware/

BTW: Same problem with almost all vendors. Have a look at the other satistics as well..

BR

suhadi
This discussion has been closed.