ID Protection keeps asking for KEY upgrade

Vleugelmoer
Vleugelmoer Posts: 3 New Member
edited September 6 in F-Secure KEY

Hello,

I just transferred from KEY to ID Protection. Everything fine so far. But everytime I log in to ID Protection it reminds me tyhat there is an upgrade available. Downloading the upgrade it turns out to be a KEY upgrade. What to do? I cannot keep on ignoring it.

Accepted Answer

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 860 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Vleugelmoer

It looks like you still have the leftovers of the XS4ALL Key on your MacBook when you installed the ID Protection. It will be better to safely export the passwords, uninstall both ID Protection and XS4ALL Key ensuring no leftovers, then install ID Protection and import the passwords.

Answers

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 125 Moderator

Hi @Vleugelmoer

Welcome to our Community page. Thank you for your post.

May I know on which device you have installed ID PROTECTION and on which device you still have KEY?

After installing ID PROTECTION and making sure your vault has been transferred to the ID PROTECTION, you may remove KEY from your device and keep using ID PROTECTION.

Your passwords are now protected on ID PROTECTION.

Kindly let me know if you require further assistance.

Thank you and stay safe.

FirmyJaims
  • Vleugelmoer

Thank you very much Amirul,

I installed ID protection on my 2020 MacBook Air M1 and deleted XS4ALL Key from that same MacBook after having made sure all my passwords were transferred.

What it exactly tells me after logging in ID Protection is, translated from Dutch, there is a new version of ID Protection available, followed by the download now / later option. When I choose now it downloads XS4ALL Key.

I have already contacted my internet provider, XS4ALL, but they don't give support on F-Secure ID Protection.

The secondary apparatus which I transferred from XS4ALL Key to ID Protection is a 2020 iPhone SE.

Looking forward to your reply,

Kind regards,

Vleugelmoer

• Vleugelmoer

Amirul or anyone else,

Is there anyone having or had that same problem, knows a solution and is willing to share?

Please let me know.

Thanking you in advance and kind regards,

Vleugelmoer

• JosWS
    JosWS Posts: 3 Observer

I have exactly the same problem. Has it been solved, Vleugelmoer?

JosWS

• JosWS
    JosWS Posts: 3 Observer

There is a way to completely remove Key - I suppose you have to rename F-secure Key to xs4all-Key:

To remove the product completely from your Mac computer, you need to remove both the F-Secure KEY application and the local storage (containing logs and passwords).

Note: Before you start removing the product, make sure that it is no longer running.

To remove the product from your Mac:

1. Open the command prompt:
      1. Open the Applications folder.
      2. Open the Utilities folder.
      3. Double-click Terminal.
    2. Use the command line to run the following commands:
      • rm -r "/Applications/F-Secure KEY.app" (This removes the application)
      • rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr (This removes the local storage)

You have now removed F-Secure KEY from your Mac computer.

Firmy
Pricing & Product Info