W10 Key version 5.1.1852.0 does not update subscription status once paired

TeePajaTeePaja Posts: 2 New Member

Hi,

Just installed new version of Key after having Master Password problem with previous version. Now new version allows me to log in and sync my passwords once I connect with sync code (says synchronization successful), but app stays with Subscription Status: FREE. It reads new password generated with Android device, but if I generate new password with PC it does not sync to Android.

Looking forward on getting this fixed, but my confidence with your product is been heavily challenged.

Br,

Teemu

RalphRalph

Best Answers

• CaleCale Posts: 108 F-Secure Product Manager
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

We are releasing a new version at the end of April, where we have fixed an issue related to the subscription status sync between the Android and Windows clients.

-Cale

AbabaLakshUkkoJaims
  • CaleCale Posts: 108 F-Secure Product Manager
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

The fixed version is currently rolling out but has not yet reached all the users. Can you check from the About dialog if you are running the new version 5.1?

-Cale

Jaims

Answers

• SethuSethu Posts: 717 F-Secure Employee

Hi @TeePaja

It seems you have reached our Live Chat support regarding sync data issue between devices. The issue was Freedome VPN blocking the sync data, as soon as disabling the Freedome the sync data has stared working as normal.

• CrouserCrouser Posts: 6 Observer

Sorry for interrupting, I'm having the same problem and I do not have a VPN running.

To clarify, I'm subscribing to F-Secure Key via Google Play and I'm trying to sync on PC (Windows) by using a code generated on my phone.

• RalphRalphRalphRalph Posts: 4 New Member

I have the same problem. Subscription on other devices works OK, but on Win10, synchronization NO LONGER WORKS. I "connect" my Win10 to other devices with valid subscription (app says "OK"), but still lists account is "FREE" and does not synch.

• UkkoUkko Posts: 3,180 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user.

Just because of mentions things like "still FREE" - but when it goes be with that status? Did you mean that your experience is about clean installation of F-Secure KEY? Or there was a switch from "PREMIUM" TO "FREE" after sync?

Anyway, could you (with a proper backup of your Passwords/data) to try uninstallation with next flow:

-- to uninstall F-Secure KEY via normal Windows way (List of installed applications / Control panel).

-- then to use F-Secure Uninstallation Tool ( https://www.f-secure.com/en/home/support/tools ): to choose "what to remove -> then two entries for KEY: KEY itself and User Data".

Then, maybe, restart system and to trigger fresh F-Secure KEY installation. Then to sync with another device.

But, perhaps, much more better to contact their Official Support Channel (for example, web chat) - maybe they are already can assists with some hotfixes or explanations. https://www.f-secure.com/en/home/support/contact

Thanks!

Sethu

@Ukko

I tried following your guide, but that did not fix the problem unfortunately. When I installed F-Secure key again and selected that I wanted to sync with an existing device it actually managed to sync, sort of. Two of my passwords were missing and it still says it's the free version. I did create a backup though, so no problem.

I've been a paying customer since 2019 or so, F-secure Key has always been installed on my PC and phone. The problem occurred after a recent update. Possibly when the UI got changed.

Ukko

Actually it seems to have resolved the issue, but it still says 'Subscription status: FREE', which I'm guessing is just a visual bug. Thank you @Ukko

Ukko
  • UkkoUkko Posts: 3,180 Superuser

Hello,

It's good that this turned out to be useful. But, it will be great if the Subscription status situation is also fixed. In addition, the fact that some entries were missing. Maybe - were not visible in the interface (by the way, is there anything too long in them. Note or URL address, or so). So, if you will encounter it further or will be willing to contact their support - web chat should be available there: https://www.f-secure.com/en/home/support/contact

Thanks, and sorry for my English.

• SethuSethu Posts: 717 F-Secure Employee

Hi @Crouser

Could you please try uninstall the existing version of KEY and install the previous of KEY app?

You can get it from this link:https://download.sp.f-secure.com/key/f-secure_key_win.msi

You can then check if you still see the same Free version message.

RalphRalphJaims
  • AbabaAbaba Posts: 3 New Member

Is there somebody working on this software problem? The workarounds are not the solution.

No changes till this day. My Android devices say the subscription is valid until January, 9, 2022; my windows pcs do not synchronize and claim the subscription to be expired...

May be it's time to change the password manager?

5.1 is running.

Jaims
  • JaimsJaims Posts: 468 Moderator

Hi @Ababa

Thank you for the update. Noted with thanks.