SENSE Router seems to block Amazon Alexa (Echo) access to Amazon "credential locker service".

MiracleBoy203
MiracleBoy203 Posts: 2 New Member
edited March 2022 in F-Secure Sense

My Amazon Echo Dot (3rd gen) often stopped or eventually (self-) restarted.

I surveyed F-Secure SENSE Router app. on my Android phone, and found many "Block" for "Anti-Tracking".

I also found SENSE Router blocked access to "credential-locker-service.amazon.jp". When I put the site to my personal white list, the number of SENSE Router blockage is dramatically reduced.

Somebody, please tell me whether this "credential-locker-service.amazon.jp"(Japan) or "credential-locker-service.amazon.com"(USA) is safe. I checked the address in some web site search as Google, Norton and Aguse, and they all answered "Safe".

I also would like to ask F-Secure will remove those sites from their black list, once F-Secure confirm it's safe.

Accepted Answer

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @MiracleBoy203

If you want our Anti-Malware team to investigate a webpage for you, then you should open the following webpage:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url

Remember to click on this bottom, if you want us to contact you with the result of the analyses: I want to give more details about this sample and to be notified of the analysis results​. 

Remember to fill in the information, and describe the issue, so that we can analyze the situation and contact you. 

Note:

Please post your question in English in the "Description" field.

Answers

• MiracleBoy203
    MiracleBoy203 Posts: 2 New Member

Hello, Sethu san,

I made some discussion with F-Secure. He confirmed ,

"So far we can do right now is to check on the child domain of "amazon.com" and we found that there is some non-safe url,

we had further check on it and all of them were safe.".

Then I hope F-Secure will soon release an update to my SENSE router excluding the child domains of amazon.com from the black list. I am watching my SENSE router to see the number of the Anti-Tracking blocks everyday. (Now, the anti-tracking blocks are happening every hour, and my Amazon Echo Dots sometimes cause malfunction or silence due to my SENSE router.)

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.