Port forwarding not working

EHR
EHR Posts: 4 New Member

Hello, I'm trying to port forward the port 25565 on our SENSE to the port 25565 on a local machine (yes it's for a Minecraft server), but everytime I, my friend, or canyouseeme.org tries to ping it or connect to it using the IP I get from a search for "Ip", and using the port "25565", the error message "Timed out" pops up.

What's up with this? Tell me if you need any more information.

Accepted Answer

Answers

• DawidFS
    DawidFS Posts: 73 Former F-Secure Employee

Dear @EHR

Sorry for late answer.

We are currently analyzing your question, and will come back to you as soon as possible with the answer.

Greetings,

Dawid

• EHR

Thank you for looking into this @DawidFS , I'm waiting for a response.

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hi @EHR

Did you assign a static IP address in the device that you are forwarding a port to?

If no, we recommend that you set up a static IP address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that the ports remain open even after your device restarts.

Please refer this KB article and this KB article to know more how to assign static IP and port forwarding in right way.

• EHR

Thank you for the help, but unfortunately, this didn't help at all. The same problem is still persisting.

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @EHR

There are few things that you need to check for that particular issue;

1. Make sure that all ports used by the application are correct. You can confirm this with the vendor.
    2. Make sure that the port forwarding for all ports are done correctly as stated in this KB Article.

It would good if you can check the documentations related to that application and confirm the actual port(s) used.

• EHR

I have done all that now. Not even pinging the external IP works from outside networks. Could it be that I need to portforward on the modem too?

This discussion has been closed.