SENSE Feature Requests

124»

Comments

• Belamanth1
    Belamanth1 Posts: 26 Explorer

I would like to be able to switch off the WiFi without turning the whole router off. Preferably with pre-set times.

I feel more comfortable when I can keep radiation levels down at night.

• Jhoufek
    Jhoufek Posts: 10 Observer

Please consider allowing user to switch to a new iPhone or iPad without having to do a complete reset of all devices already connected to the Sense network with the old iPhone/iPad in order to use the a Sense App. I have some 45 devices on the existing network and really don’t want to reset every one of them every time I get a new iPad/iPhone !!

Thanks !

• F_DU
    F_DU Posts: 9 Observer

Here are few features requests that I mentioned in other different more specific context/issues but that were advised to rather list here:

1- Automatize Sense reset on a regular/customized schedule would be a very good feature to avoid blocking points when you are not here without access to your network setup.

2- Logs are still not accurate (device no longer connected for days/weeks still logged as “connected” with last consultation recorded at the exact current time when you are looking the logs, while some connected can still be listed in “unconnected”) which is a key security weakness to actually control the network, especially as alerts (in the few rare cases they actually happen) are not visible on the device leds nor by any notification unless you look proactively well inside the application only available on a single device and only at home...

3- So, alert (pushed, on the led device and by email or remote application) notifications are also a key feature to implement rapidly which should not be so complicated I guess/hope…

• F_DU
    F_DU Posts: 9 Observer

There is a trick that could allow you to do it, manually, but much more easily (only once) in the Sense setup (centrally) rather than in each of your 45 devices…

I did it few times after Sense has been hardware reset, by just putting back in the Network settings of your Sense application the previous settings (SSID and related password) that you have to manually copy back in all the WiFi that your devices are using among the 4 available WiFi (internal/guest, 2.4/5GHz)…

But indeed, it would make (more) « sense » to have an automated (and secure) way to transfer all settings to the application in a new device, and even to have the application able to run in/from multiple (at least 2) devices.

• MJO
    MJO Posts: 43 Enthusiast

- Ability to change protection settings on per device basis.

Like if tracking protection would cause problems on online gaming, then i would be able to disable it only for PS4 and leave it on for other devices.

• CompanyUser
    CompanyUser Posts: 1 New Member

* Ability to switch WLAN off - we have MESH wlan solution already

* Ability to switch DHCP server off - we have DHCP server in our network already

• Aandersen
    Aandersen Posts: 10 Observer

Disable SENSE for a single device, for max performance:

Please allow the user to disable protection for a single device, to allow Sense to provide maximal throughput for that device. I'm on a 1 gigabit connection, and sometimes I simply need all the speed my connection provides for downloading/uploading.

• JamesW
    JamesW Posts: 14 New Member

1. Maybe needs a more complete users manual.

2. It may be nice to see all "active connections" on the router, e.g. which ip adresses are currently connected to the router

• philEQ
    philEQ Posts: 2 Observer

We need the ability to delete old devices in the app.

My "not connected" list contains several devices which have been disposed of and will never connect again.

• JamesW
    JamesW Posts: 14 New Member

Norton Core Router (now discontinued) has a lot of nice features. It shows a number of "malnets" that were trying to infect my network (I guess).

I would never have know (unless these are false postives- who knows)

Anyways, some nice features, plus the attenae is avit stronger too

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion
    edited April 2020

Thank you all for sharing your suggestions, we appreciate your time and effort you have spent to share your insightful comments and ideas thus far.

Now, since it has been two years or more since product launch. This feature request page was initially created for our Sense development team to track any feature requests that suits in our product roadmap. To improve SENSE products and services and maintain our customer's satisfaction, we decided to close this post as future ideas can be posted in the Feature Requests posts directly here.  

This discussion has been closed.