E-mail and Server Security 9.20 RTM
I am glad to let you know that F-Secure E-mail and Server Security 9.20 has been released to manufacturing. The new release will be available on F-Secure Webclub shortly. The partners can already find the release notes and installation packages on the Partner Download page.
Below are the key features and enhancements implemented in E-mail and Server Security 9.20 release:
- F-Secure Policy Manager 10 compatibility – the product is fully compatible with the latest version of F-Secure Policy Manager.
- Configurable host identity – when deploying the product with F-Secure Policy Manager, the managed host can be identified either with SMBIOS UID or with a randomly generated GUID.
- DeepGuard – improved protection that utilizes real-time behavioral analysis and F-Secure cloud based reputation system.
- Browsing Protection – end users working on a terminal server can safely browse the Web and stay protected against browser exploits and rogue web sites. Browsing Protection supports the following Web browsers: Internet Explorer (32-bit only) and Mozilla Firefox (32-bit only).
- Cloud-Based Security – the information about new threats and dangerous sites is collected from customers all over the world on cloud-based technology. You can choose to participate in Real-time Protection Network to contribute to Cloud-based security, which transfers information from the product installations to cloud and back.
- Process exclusions – you can exclude trusted processes from real-time scanning.
- Max number of concurrent scans – you can configure the maximum number of concurrent scanning threads.
- Possibility to disable manual scanning for end users – you can disable manual scanning for all users or to enable it for users with administrative rights only.
- Database update check randomization – to mitigate the so-called “AV storm” effect on virtual environments, database updates can be checked with a random interval at the system startup.
- Support for new platforms – the new release is compatible with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP2, Small Business Server 2011 (Standard edition), Citrix XenApp 6.5.
- New Microsoft SQL Server Express – included the latest version of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express (32-bit) that increases the database size limit from 4 GB to 10 GB of storage per database.
- New languages – localization to the following languages has been added to Server Security components: Polish. E-mail Security components have been localized completely anew to the following languages: German, French, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, and Polish.
More details can be found in the release notes.
Please note that F-Secure E-mail and Server Security will replace previous F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Servers, F-Secure Anti-Virus for Citrix Servers, and F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange products.
Many thanks to those who participated in the Beta program and sent us feedback!