F-Secure KEY Desktop search function not looking in comments

Hello!

I like my F-secure KEY IPhone version, as the app's search function looks also in the comment entries when I use the search function. I need the comment field information to find the right account... one example is that I have stored the actual domain names I have in a specific domein registrar account in the comments section (and there can be a dozen domains in one registrar account, so not possible to store them in the "name" of the key entry).

But why does searching in all fields of an entry not work in the Desktop version of F-Secure KEY (pc)? The desktop version nnly seems to look at the key entry name field, whereas the mobile app's search looks in all fields of a KEY entry, even the user name (but for me comments would be needed most).

Is it something F-secure could maybe fix in the next minor update, as it cannot be a big fix. I will probably soon or later migrate back to the previous solution if this cannot be fixed.

-Harri

Best Answer

• SethuSethu Posts: 656 Moderator
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Ukko,

Yes, currently the feature works only on iOS. At the moment, we have no plan to bring it on to other platforms. So the most effective palce to share the feature request or idea by the customer directly at Feature request.

Ukko

Comments

Hello @Sorjonen23

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am checking this with F-secure KEY product team and will update you as soon as I got an update from them.

May I know the version of your F-secure KEY for windows?

Hi @Sorjonen23,

Our F-secure KEY team has confirmed that the function you are looking for is not avilable at the moment for F-secure KEY for windows as it searches by title only in desktop machine.

Ukko
  • UkkoUkko Posts: 3,014 Superuser

@Sethu wrote:

Hi @Sorjonen23,

Our F-secure KEY team has confirmed that the function you are looking for is not avilable at the moment for F-secure KEY for windows as it searches by title only in desktop machine.

Hello,

Sounds that with Android platform - feature is not supported too.

Does this feature work only with iOS? If yes - is it planned on other platforms?

Thanks!

Sethu
  • UkkoUkko Posts: 3,014 Superuser

@Sethu wrote:

Hello @Ukko,

Yes, currently the feature works only on iOS. At the moment, we have no plan to bring it on to other platforms. So the most effective palce to share the feature request or idea by the customer directly at Feature request.

Hello,

Sounds that such feature request is requested already at the time:

and received status ""Under Consideration"" with further implementation for only iOS-platform maybe (request is not about any specific platform - but possible to suspect that original discussion was about iOS ).

Thus, maybe possible to change status for feature request (as 'fresh' or 'comments requests' or anything else) OR to add "Implemented" (and to edit title or content of request about iOS) with further ability to create another not-duplicate feature request.

Thanks!

Sethu
This discussion has been closed.