Firefox font size

I've looked everywhere to find the reason why in Firefox Quantum suddenly the Gmail interface was displaying a tiny font. Only the Gmail interface had this problem, that I know off. Other sites were working properly.

Update 22 August: almost all sites have the problem: Google, webmail clients etc. [Topic subject adjusted]

After a online search I found nothing usefull. It's not a zoom issue, I repeat not a zoom issue.

I started checking my addons one by one. Simply disabeling the F-Secure KEY addon for Firefox restored the font to normal. Turning the addon back on made the Gmail interface font unreadable again.

Is this a known issue and if yes what is the eta for a update/fix?

Best Answer

• PiirisPiiris Posts: 17
    Accepted Answer

Hi all,

New add-on for Firefox, version number 1.3.4, was released couple of hours ago. It should have this problem fixed.

Please let us know if this problem continues to happen.

Answers

• Rbbiz1Rbbiz1 Posts: 24

I've now also noticed the problem in a different webmail client and search engines. So not just limited to Gmail.

• UkkoUkko Posts: 2,936

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Just as my own feedback:

-> situation is not pinned even for Firefox too.

Probably such 'trouble' is valid for Google Chrome too. For example, I repeated trouble(?!) with Google Mail font-size under Google Chrome.

And it is visible that even with HTML-mode of Google Mail -> there are differences with view of page (kind of full-size of window rather than some borders around as with disabled KEY addon).

I think that something is added by F-Secure KEY extension(or feature of webkit browsers) as additional 'content' to page and it will break certain size of some elements. As result, pages where used something like percent-size (some percent of some element size) feature are potentially with 'changed' view (and it can be trouble view); or any other strange explanations for changes with view.

Maybe it is good to contact their official F-Secure Support Channel (chat as example):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Thanks!

• LakshLaksh Posts: 4,426

Hi Rbbiz1,

Could you please provide a screenshot of the font size when it happens?

• Rbbiz1Rbbiz1 Posts: 24

Fixed! Thank you!

• hmm same problems

This discussion has been closed.