Multiple users and other questions

Tahidi
Tahidi Posts: 1 New Member

Thinking of buying this and have a few questions that I didn't find an answer to:

-  It is dual-band right? As in it will send 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz at the same time.

- Can I link another router with LAN and have the same wi-fi protection?

- How whitelisting sites / tracking works, if there are multiple users? Is there a single admin who can see what has been whitelisted/blocked or can everyone make their own customizations without others seeing it. (I believe it doesn't save a browsing history that everyone could see from their apps?)

- If the device doesn't the app, the router will then use general rules, right?

EDIT: If I have 3 PCs and another user has another 3, can I make settings for my PCs without affecting other users' PCs? Do I have to change settings individually or is there some kind of an account thing?

Comments

• Unknown
    Answer ✓

@Tahidiwrote:

Thinking of buying this and have a few questions that I didn't find an answer to:

-  It is dual-band right? As in it will send 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz at the same time.

- Can I link another router with LAN and have the same wi-fi protection?

- How whitelisting sites / tracking works, if there are multiple users? Is there a single admin who can see what has been whitelisted/blocked or can everyone make their own customizations without others seeing it. (I believe it doesn't save a browsing history that everyone could see from their apps?)

- If the device doesn't the app, the router will then use general rules, right?

EDIT: If I have 3 PCs and another user has another 3, can I make settings for my PCs without affecting other users' PCs? Do I have to change settings individually or is there some kind of an account thing?

1. Yes

2. Not sure what you mean, you can extend the wifi range if the other ap supports bridge mode (or that is what i have understood).

3. Only 1 admin user which controls everything from his phone and his phone only. You can see only blocked pages the others have visited. And you cannot disable protection per device or allow websites per device.

4. If device doesn't have the app then it id only protected by the router's protections, the apps provide more layers.

5. All settings which you do from the admin phone's app are made for every device with the exception of portfowarding. The app has really limited settings and controls really.

The windows pc and mac pc apps have more settings and those are per device and setup from their own apps.

• Screenshot_20180224-212125.jpg

Here are the basic settings which you can change from the admin app. And also network settings like dhcp pool, dns etc. But you canno reserve ip addresses from the dhcp pool.

This discussion has been closed.