Connections form Arlo not permanently online

2»

Comments

• Spacemaster
    Spacemaster Posts: 13 Observer

Dear Simo, regarding your comment I have another experience that during orange light the Arlo System is not reachable via App. Only after change to green the app access all cameras. So there is still an issue and I hope you will find a solution. 

• User2028
    User2028 Posts: 33 Explorer

And I have the same issue as Spacemaster... when the light is orange, I am unable to access some or all cameras.

• Spacemaster
    Spacemaster Posts: 13 Observer

Dear Simo, any news regarding the still existing bug ?

Thx

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Unfortunately nothing conclusive yet, we are looking into another streaming problem which may or may not be related and hopefully we get in touch with a technical contact in that company this week.

In my test environment the Arlo app remains connected and I can stream video from the cameras for longer periods of time without breakups. I can see that the Arlo occasionally shows the orange leds, but i'm not sure if that's 'normal' behavior or not. The Arlo app at launch shows 'offline' status until it reaches the cameras and then everything appears to be working "normally".

Unfortunately these things may take time to figure out when they are not straight forward or easy to reproduce, apologies for that. But rest assured we'll continue to work on these and re-test when we make changes.

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

• balanchine
    balanchine Posts: 1 New Member

I have a similar issue with my Arlo Q Plus security camera! Has anyone found a solution? I'm really trying to solve it but can't complete it on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

• Axjoy
    Axjoy Posts: 6 New Member

Have the same problem with sense Secure ...tried everything to get a reliable connect to Arlo but havent´t found a solution so far. I have two different base stations in my network working with 8 Cams. Most of the time both stations seems to be wohn when I want to connect via smart phone. Only after shutting down the app 6 -12 times in a row I get a connect to the cams. Please get a fix. I am also not sure whether the motion detection works in this environment then... 

• Axjoy

Dear Simo, any news regarding the still existing bug ?

Thanks.

Axel

• [Deleted User]

Hi,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce this problem, the Arlo app connects to the cameras on both android and iOS without any perceivable problems. I also get motion tracking notifications 'normally'. Our next firmware update includes some fixes to various components that may or may not help in this scenario, but it is hard to give a conclusive answer unless we can reproduce the problem.

• Axjoy

Hi, 

that´s a pity...I mean there seam to be a lot o folks that suffer the same issue that I suffer.

And Arlo is a wide spread security thing.

Would it help if I grant you access via ARLO to my system? 

So you can at least see the result taht i See? Please contanct me if this helps.

To be open - if we do not find a solution I do not see a chance to extend my service with Secure Sense - and so propaply  won´t my previous speaker.

I would be very glad for your assistance.

Thanks.

Axel

• [Deleted User]

Thank you for your generous offer,

Probably the real thing that could help here is if we could somehow be able to debug your SENSE router and see if there's something obvious going on.

We have a few reports of IPv6 connections in some circumstances causing issues with SENSE.

One thing worth a try is if your upstream router (assuming you are not directly connected to the internet) has IPv6 support, if turning that off has any impact to this scenario.

It is also possible to turn off IPv6 on SENSE itself during setup through advanced settings, but we don't expose that option until we fail to determine your connectivity. One way to trigger it is when you choose the connection type to disconnect your upstream router from the internet but still get an IP locally. Then you can proceed and after connectivity failure enter advanced settings and tweak SENSE IPv6 behavior from there.

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

• Axjoy

Dear Simo, 

thanks for your help . I am using a Fritzbox6490 as Upstream Router. I followed your advise and switched off the IPv6 support. This had no impact to the scenario. Same result. 

Regards

Axel

• [Deleted User]

Thanks for giving it a try and reporting back.

• Axjoy

..just a quick feedback...knowing that you have certainly a long list with bugs I think that the Arlo bug is not Prio. Therefor I decided not to use the product anymore until this bug is closed. I will review this post from time to time so be so kind to post a solution here. Still hoping! Maybe other users feel the same as I do. Regards Axel 

• User2028
    User2028 Posts: 33 Explorer

I would like to confirm that when the SENSE cuts off the Arlo's communication that it absolutely does not pick up motion or record video until the connection is re-established.  I wasn't sure earlier, but I am now after some testing.  Makes the $500 Arlo Pros useless when ran through the SENSE.

• CatalinaPope
    CatalinaPope Posts: 3 New Member
    I am having the same issue. I have the Arlo Pro 2 with 2 camera's.
  • Axjoy

Thanks Catalina - I am facing the same issue since 6 months. Unfortunately no helpful Feedback form Sense Secure so Therefore I dismissed Secure Sense from my network - still hoping for a a bug fix.

Regards from Germany Axel

• CatalinaPope
    CatalinaPope Posts: 3 New Member

I haven't been able to get my f-secure to work consistently and my arlo wont work at so i am thinking about returning. $200 is to much to spend for something that never worked more than 15 minutes at a time. Im so sad

This discussion has been closed.