guest wifi - time frame

D-Fens2
D-Fens2 Posts: 78 Enthusiast

Hi, is there a schedule for the guest wifi?

I have a chinese smart lamp (yeelight), it needs the wifi password to work, but i don't want to use my normal all-access network for this device

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your interest and feedback. The guest wifi is on our roadmap. Unfortunately I cannot give specifics on when that feature will be available.

Highlighting these usecases like you have helps our discussion when prioritizing our features.

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

• D-Fens2

the wifi password is not stored locally, for my convenience Smiley Wink the server is in China Smiley Very Happy

https://www.yeelight.com

• D-Fens2

I still have 4 bulbs lying around Smiley Surprised

• [Deleted User]

The guest network is currently under work, should become available in a near future update.

• D-Fens2

Another question: I have the confirmation from the manufacturer of one of my devices that they won‘t issues an update for the KRACK vulnerability.

that would be another use case for a guest wifi

• D-Fens2

What should I say... Smiley Frustrated

• [Deleted User]

Apologies for the delay,

We have been steadily working on the guest network for the past couple of sprints. There's still a show stopping WIFI driver bug to kill before we are confident this feature can be released to customers.  We are working with our chipset vendor to resolve it.

• ARosti
    ARosti Posts: 8 Observer

Joining this thread... Guest wifi would be very welcomed feature. Any news on this?

• It will be available this year, but no specific time or month has been said.

This discussion has been closed.