Sense updates itself but doesn't start properly

Hi,

I've been enjoying Sense for a few months now and it seems to work really well. Only downside is that when a firmware update arrives, Sense gets the update but hangs after that. I need to pull the plug and restart the device to get it working again. 

The update has gone thru as can be seen by firmware version number. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Best Answer

• FS_SimoFS_Simo Posts: 256
    Accepted Answer

If this keeps happening all the time on every single update, it sounds like the device keeps getting stuck in bootloader, which is a component we cannot safely update over the air. As we don't generally have this kind of problems, it is likely also hardware-related.

I recommend getting in touch with support for a replacement, we would also like to have your device back for inspection.

Apologies for your trouble.

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

Answers

• FS_SimoFS_Simo Posts: 256

Hi,

That does not sound like normal behavior at all.  Does the sense router display remain stuck in the 'squares' (update indicator) when the device hangs?

Best Regards:

Simo / SENSE QA Lead

• FiiuFiiu Posts: 2

Yes, the squares are in the display. It looks like connections where shut approx. 5am on the computer and at 3pm the squares were lit in the screen. 

• LakshLaksh Posts: 4,424

Hi Fiiu and FS_Simo,

I have now escalated this post to our support team. One of our support team members will get in touch with you via email for further communication.

This discussion has been closed.