Unlock-button in the chrome browser extension doesn't work

Hi everyone,

the unlock-button in the browser extension doesn't work. When I click on it, nothing happens. I have deleted and reinstalled the extension, but to no avail. Is there any way I can make that button work? (I know that I can open the desktop app and unlock KEY. That also unlocks the browser extension. But it would be nice if the extension worked properly.)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• UkkoUkko Posts: 2,999 Superuser

@JohnyJohn wrote:

Hi everyone,

the unlock-button in the browser extension doesn't work. When I click on it, nothing happens. I have deleted and reinstalled the extension, but to no avail. Is there any way I can make that button work? (I know that I can open the desktop app and unlock KEY. That also unlocks the browser extension. But it would be nice if the extension worked properly.)

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Just as my own feedback (I'm also only F-Secure user):

--> With Firefox (55.0.3?!) also such situation;

And F-Secure Key extension also marked as "Legacy"-label (still);

--> I did not use F-Secure Key browser's extension previously... so I not sure -> does it works before?! Or always was such situation with "unlock-button under Key extension modal window";

Thanks!

• UkkoUkko Posts: 2,999 Superuser

Hello,

Just as my feedback about situation (?) and latest Firefox 57 with F-Secure Key extension:

--> There already not visible any buttons "Unlock":

• when KEY is locked -> addon will trigger statement that "F-Secure KEY is locked" only;
    • when KEY is unlocked -> addon will trigger ability and button "Lock" F-Secure KEY (which works);

--> F-Secure KEY extension normally works/installed with Firefox 57 (not marked as legacy/disabled).

But:

• during authorizing addon as pat of installation-flow -> it called as "the KEY Chrome extension" (under Firefox):

The KEY Chrome extension is not yet authorized to connect with F-Secure KEY. Please, enter the authorization code you have on the KEY 'Settings' menu:

And small point: with switch between 'authorize'-words^ and words "The KEY Chrome extension successfully authorized to connect KEY application." -> it merged between each other and start be partly broken view of latest statement.

Maybe extension/addon works good (even I did not use it and not sure about all points - but brief try-steps with normal result about potential autofill-features).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.