text file

I imported all information as a text file from another application. I got a lot of information as a password. How can I remove all 460 passwords.

Comments

• SimonSimon Posts: 2,612 Superuser

Sorry, could you explain a little more?  How does this relate to F-Secure?

Ukko
  • UkkoUkko Posts: 2,999 Superuser

Hello,

If you talk about F-Secure Key;

And then you did import with certain text-file (?! from another supported?! password manager) -> as result -> there broken state about entries/passwords under your F-Secure KEY (?!):

I able to suggest something like this:

--> Do backup for your entries/credentials (which only stored under F-Secure Key);

--> Remove your localstrorage-file;

For Windows systems: open "List of installed software" (default steps for system) and find there string like "F-Secure Key: User Data";

Uninstall this string. It will remove all passwords (credentials/account/entries) under your current F-Secure Key installation; And you able to start it from first;

For Mac there available knowledgebase article.

--> If you just want to remove certain "duplicate" or "wrong/mistake" passwords under valid localstorage for your F-Secure Key installation;

Maybe it not possible with common meanings. Required manually (?!) or by tricks perform this (like export -> editing -> import);

But I able to suggest contact F-Secure Support Channels:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

about potential 'broken' import feature with certain example-situation;

Thanks!

// if you talk about something else.. good to clarify it (based on previous reply);

This discussion has been closed.