Troubleshooting: Updating SENSE prior to running setup
FS_Simo Posts: 256 Former F-Secure Employee
SENSE router can update itself prior to running setup if it is connected via CABLE to a working internet connection. This allows running the setup using the latest firmware with all available fixes and bypass the firmware update part of the setup process in the application.
- Check that the internet connection on your existing router works through a cable
- Plug the cable between the existing router LAN port and the blue WAN port on SENSE
- Reset SENSE
- if SENSE is has booted and running normally, hold reset button 15+ seconds and release, rSt shows on screen and device reboots
- if SENSE is malfunctioning, hold reset button while powering on until you see FF, the factory restore process may take 5-10 minutes. Both the FF and the Static squares during bootup wil linger for a long time, don't be alarmed. Please wait and allow the device to finish.
- After a succesful reset and bootup you'll see the pulsing squares
- After approximately 2 minutes, SENSE tries connecting to F-Secure update servers
- SENSE downloads an update, this may take several minutes depending on your connection speed. There is no visible indicator for the user while this is happening.
- Upon successful download and signature verification, SENSE updates itself. The display will show the misaligned squares indicator for a few seconds and then SENSE router reboots.
- Upon successful reboot the device shows the pulsing squares again and you can start the setup normally according to application instructions.
This discussion has been closed.
📢F-Secure Quiz Challenge📢
Join our online quiz session on June 15th, 2023, at 11:00 AM EEST and stand a chance to win prizes.