Server unstable when automatic update service is running
The last 2 weeks I had several phonecalls from people who were not able to open their exchange mailbox in outlook and getting an error that their profile wasn't setup right.
The problem appears to be the active directory server that has some huge CPU spikes on it's system process which causes outlook not to fetch mailbox link data in time.
When I turn off all f-secure services the server cpu flatlines to 0-1%.
Doing it step by step seems to reveal that the culprit is the update service.
When I enable that FSGKHS (whatever it is) it sometimes peaks to 10% and drops again. I can live with that since it doesn't cause freezes.
From the moment I start the automatic update service it's constantly 25-90+% and the worst part is that it sometimes goes to for example 35% then the task manager updates freeze for 5-7 seconds and then it shows 97-99% hangs another 3-5 seconds and then it drops again for 20 seconds or so and then the problem starts again.
Is this a known issue and how can I solve it?
this machine worked fine for months tho.
I'm still keeping an eye on this.
Now I had several times that my rdp connection to the server interrupted for 1-3 seconds and then it re-connected.
As there are printers on this box aswell it could be caused by a printer driver aswell.
Do I need to exclude some specific paths on 2012 servers?
This sound as if you have a virtual Exchange and assigned to few vCPUs.
And no, please do not exclude anything from scanning. F-Secure is following a "works out of the box". Exlusions should only be used to track down a problem, not as a default to "avoid" a problem.
And even Microsoft tells "Only use exlusions to debug":
Note We recommend that you temporarily apply these procedures to evaluate a system. If your system performance or stability is improved by the recommendations that are made in this article, contact your antivirus software vendor for instructions or for an updated version of the antivirus software.1 1Like
The server has 8 virtual cores tho.
The problem appears to be somewhere on the exchange server.
When I restart that exchange server topology service it works fine again.
But this restarts almost everything from exchange exept the store.
Nothing in the event viewer about AD connection issues tho.