50 digit passwords in app, but 32 digit on PC

The Android app and PC seem to be different at the moment. On the app you can generate 50 digit passwords, and on PC only 32 digit. PC is at version 4.4.135 and app 4.5.3.

Isn't the PC version updated automatically?

PA2

Best Answer

• BenBen Posts: 2,640
    Accepted Answer

Hello Flamey, 

The versions number between PC/MAC and mobile device should differ from each other as their release do not always follow  each other. Therefore the options might be different between each platforms, even if we try to keep them as similar as possible. 

For PC the latest version is 4.5.107 but it might not have been yet retrieved by you PC. It contains some changes on password length. The upgrade of the PC version should indeed be automatic.

Comments

• FlameyFlamey Posts: 9
    Ben my good man, thanks for the answer. I don't need to whitelist the update server for KEY on my SAFE or anything do I? I'm still on 4.4.135 on my PC and it's keeping me awake at night knowing that I could be on 4.5.107.

There should be no need to whitelist KEY  in SAFE.  To get the latest version already, you can download the latest version directly from the product page and install on top of the existing installation on your PC.

• FlameyFlamey Posts: 9

Ben, I did just that. The "issue" still remains. I won't call it an actual issue, just a weird anomaly in the sense that the password length is kinda one of the more central characteristics. So PC and Anrdoid still differ in how long passwords you can generate.

Of course you can write as long a password as you please, and I've done some testing for you Ben, if you generate a 50 character password on the Android app, it will sync to the PC; no problemo.

In conclusion, all's well. Have a great week!

Laksh

Thank you for the follow up. 

Have a great week too.

This discussion has been closed.