F Secure Key Add on for Firefox

I subscribe to F Secure Safe and F Secure key via Virgin Media.  I use the Mozilla Firefox browser (Windows 10) and have been trying to add the extension for Autofill and password fill.  The first time I tried to copy and paste the authisation code but no success so I removed and readded the extension but this time there is no icon appearing in the top right hand corner of the browser.  Help please

Best Answer

• rogtutrogtut Posts: 7
    Accepted Answer

Please ignore my last post.  I've fixed it!  I noticed that there is a refresh box on the lower right side of the browser so thought I'd try it.  I then added the Key extension and the icon appeared so I pasted in the authorisation and all is well so far.

rogtut

Comments

• LakshLaksh Posts: 4,428

Hi rogtut,

May I know which version of Key are your using? And what is the version of Firefox?

•  

F Secure Key 1.0.0

Firefox 51.0.1 (32-bit)

NB My PC is 64-bit does this matter?

Hi rogtut,

It looks like you are using an older version of KEY. Could you upgrade to the latest version to see if your problem persists?

The latest version of Key is 4.4.135.

• Thanks Lashmi

I think that I gave you the version number of the add on instead of KEY.  It should be 4.3.131 but there is no link to upgrade to the latest version?

Hi rogtut,

You will see an upgrade notification once the upgrade is released to you (once you open Key).

Could you try the steps mentioned in this article for installing the add-on in Firefox?

• Hello Laksh

I'd already seen the article and followed the instructions.  The problem is that I don't get the F-Secure KEY Password Manager icon in the top-right corner of the browser.   I have tried removing the addon and readding it but no success.  Could it possibly be that the add on is not fully removed from the PC?

Rogtut

Hi rogtut,

Could you please check if Key add-on is enabled in the browser?

- Go to Menu bar > Tools > Add-ons.

- Do you see F-Secure Key enabled in the add-on? If it is disabled, it will not show in the menu.

• Lakshi

Yes it's enabled iy says:

"F Secure Key Automatically fills log-in forms" + two boxes Disable and Remove.

The Key icon does show up in login boxes but when I click on it it says "Choose entry - F Secure Key Firefox addon is not yet configured"

What if I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox?

• TapsuccaTapsucca Posts: 501

Hi @rogtut,

You can of course try to remove and re-install Firefox, if that wont fix the problem I will open a support ticket for you and then we can investigate this issue more deeply.

Please answer to this when you have tried the re-installation, thanks.

Ukko
  • Tapsucca

Tried the uninstall/reinstall but no success.

• TapsuccaTapsucca Posts: 501

Hi @rogtut and thanks for the info!

I hope this helps anyone who`s facing similar issues.

Ukko
  • KR2KR2 Posts: 2

I'm on Samsung S4 mini with Android version 4.4.2 I've installed F-secure KEY version 4.3.4.

I've also installed Firefox version 51.0.3 with KEY addon version 1.1.0

In the desktopversion I've created several website's with logon information. These are visible on the smartphone app.

The auto-fill function does work on the desktop.

But when using the browser on the smartphone, the autofill functionality doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

This discussion has been closed.