Key wont sync with connected device Mac

Hi,

I use Key on 3 devices, my android tablet, android phone and Mac desktop. The phone and tablet sync between eachother but they wont sync with the Mac desktop. It has worked before but sometime somehow it stopped working.

When i connect the phone or tablet to the Mac it says that the devices are connected but no syncing is happening. When i try the other way around and connect the Mac to the phone or tablet i get an error message "Could not connect to the server." When searching the Google i found multiple posts about a similar issue but no solution.

Please help.

Best Answer

• LakshLaksh Posts: 4,428
    Accepted Answer

Hi le4,

If your other devices have the sync and all the passwords, may be you can uninstall and reinstall Key from the Mac. Since the other devices are in sync, you can later do the sync with the Mac to get the passwords.

Comments

Hi le4,

Could you check this article regarding the sync issue? Are you using the latest version of Key on your Mac?

• le4le4 Posts: 3

Thanks for the reply Laksh, 

I did read that article and disabled the firewall and even browser plugins but that did not solve the syncing problem.

I am using version 4.4.135.

• le4le4 Posts: 3

I tried that before without success but tonight i tried again using the steps in this link and with success, my Mac is now syncing again with the other devices. 

Thanks for the help Laksh.

Glad to know it is back in sync now, @le4! Thanks for keeping us informed.

This discussion has been closed.