KEY is blocking my genealogy program

I use a program called MinSläkt to collect my genealogy data. I have used for many years, now using Win 10 on a desktop 64 bit computer, without any problems. The program just just stalled saying "not answering". I called the supplier, Dannbergsdata  and they immediately pointed to F-Secure. I stopped F-Secure, but let KEY continue to run. Nothing happened. Then I did the reversed, stopped F-Secure KEY, but let the rest of F-Secure run as usual. The my genealogy program worked fine. So somewhere in F-Secure KEY there is a bug and I need that solved ASAP.

As many say on this forum, KEY has worked very good. Up till now! What´s happening?

Comments

• ChameniChameni Posts: 235

Hello siljis1,

Sorry to know about this issue, could you please go to Settings > and disable the feature for the Autofill. Once done, please try again and revert back to us if the issue persist.

Thank you.

• siljis1siljis1 Posts: 6

I can add the following: My problem has to do with the autofill function. If I don´t select the "Enable system autofill", under Installation, my program works fine.

So with all the other autofill problems recently, this should be a walk in the park for F-secure.

Hello siljis1,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

We do apologies for the issue with F-Secure Key. Please open a support ticket here and include the log to your request so we can investigate better this issue.

You can get the log from below path :

Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\F-Secure\Pwmgr\Pwmgr.log
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr/Pwmgr.log

We appreciate your comprehension with the matter.

Thank you.

Hi Chameni!

Below you were supposed to find what you asked for, but Message cannot exceed 20,000 characters.

So how do I attach the file to this message? I'll check if I can send you an email.

The program I use is called Min Släkt and it´s a licensed version from www.dannbergsdata.se

The program works as it should if I do NOT activate the option "Enable system autofill".

I have tried to upgrade the Chrome add-on suggested in KEY, but nothing happens. I use normally Firefox.

Regards  Bengt Siljedahl

Hello siljis1,

As advised on my previous post, please open a support ticket using this link : https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/support-request

You will have an option to add the requested log file to the support ticket for our investigation for this case. And please do send me the reference number of the ticket via the Private Message.

Thank you.

This problem is still not solved.

I know that if I omit the autofill function my program works. But I want to have the full functionality of F-Secure KEY. Including the Autofull function!

Hello siljis1,

I’m so sorry to hear about this issue, I have highlighted about this to the support agent and they will get back to you for further checking on this.

Thank you.

Still no remedy to my problem. What is happening?

I am getting rather upset about the time it takes to correct this obvious error in F-Secure KEY program.

Hi siljis1,

We apologized for the delay on this post. I'm checking with the particular support agent regarding support ticket and I will update you by tommorow about this issue.

Thank you.

• LakshLaksh Posts: 4,432 Community Manager

Hi siljis1,

Updating you further, we have got in touch with the respective support personal regarding your case. They are investigating further about the issue reported and should have got back to you via email.

No help so far. And it´s been a very long time now! Is F-Secure really a reliable company?
This discussion has been closed.