KEY unresponsive, slow, in Mobile and Windows environments

The other day, I updated my KEY on my new Lenovo, and the Chrome functionality was nice, but my whole system became very kludgy and slow to respond--frequently, my CPU and/or memory usage were over 75% while running KEY + Chrome OR Firefox. I would click on a window, wait 45 seconds to a minute, then I would be able to click again, and wait, etc. When I looked at Task Mgr, KEY was Not Responding about half the time.  I downgraded back to the original install file on this computer (which was the previous version, downloaded 11 Apr 16), and it worked for a while, but now it is agonizingly slow again, and often, the autofill doesn't even show up as an option--but passwords are failing to paste (Ctrl+V) in password fields as well, meaning I am having to type them manually (and 130 of my 135 passwords are fully randomized).

In the mobile version, the passwords are failing to paste, and the app has 'Unexpected error - exiting app' about 75% of the times that I open it.

What's going on? How can I fix this?

Comments

• jduval22jduval22 Posts: 5

seeing the same problem in Windows 10.   Also saw an error one time that there is not enough space to sync passcodes.  Have not reproduced that.

Also, have run a dependancy checker on Fsec Key many files are missing or not properly referenced.

Called into support and the rep is unable to determine the root cause.  They ran a dianostic and gathered some log files.  However, no response yet.  Has anyone found a solution?

• ChameniChameni Posts: 235

Hello @jduval22,

Sorry to hear about your trouble! Regarding your open ticket, have highlighted to our Support team for further looking into this issue. They will get back to you for further investigation.

Thank you.

• ChameniChameni Posts: 235

Hello Snowlynx,

Sorry to about this issue. Could you please let us know roughly how many password are in the app ?Are the slowness only within Key, or in Web browser? Or is it the whole system?

If the issue persist even after it upgraded to the latest version, we would recommend you to open a support ticket and please include the log file from below path :

Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\F-Secure\Pwmgr\Pwmgr.log
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr/Pwmgr.log

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.