What happened to F-Secure Key

Key used to be one of my favourite applications, I use it hundreds of times a day.

Since the move to this flashy new blue interface its gone to crap.

Constantly locking up, crashing browser pages.

I just figured out if I turn off "autofill" everything works great, thanks for months of frustrations.

I use it on PC, Win 7 64 bit and have no interest in it being anything more than a secure vault for passwords.

Don't lose track of your core service.

Comments

• BenBen Posts: 2,640 F-Secure Product Expert

Hello FSCK2bad,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We'll forward it to our development team.

They are already working on improvements for the auto-fill feature.

• Here's some more honest feedback: You all need to get this fixed before people totally give up on using F-Secure Key. I've been waiting for MONTHS for it to improve and it's still bad. I've recommended it to friends, family and  over the past year or so, but now I feel bad because they all complain to me how bad it has become. It's getting to the point that I'm going to start looking for another password management solution for them AND myself.  Smiley Sad 
    colleagues
    Please get this fixed. Put some more resources on the issue if needed, but don't let this keep going.

• dukavidukavi Posts: 107

Autofill feature unfortunately causes high CPU usage (especially on Windows 10). There are plans in Q1 to replace current autofill approach with new one, based on browser plugins, besides of reducing CPU usage, it will also add additional autofill functionality.

The reason of high CPU usage is Microsoft accessibility module, other software vendors which are using the same technology are struggling too.

For time being, the only solution is to disable autofill.

MisterStuart
  • Thanks for posting this, Dukavi. :)
    I'm sure everyone here in the F-Secure community appreciates the progress update!

Cheers :)
  • Just been prompted to download a Key update..... is this the usablility fix ?

No new "announcement" in the Key Forum

MisterStuart
  • That would be nice to know. I hope this is the fix! I havent installed it on the machine that I'm using since it was such a performance drain and unusable. If you could test the update and report back here as to what you find, that would be awesome!  :)

• So upgraded from 4.1.112 to 4.2.104

Will see how it gets on over the weekend.....Autofill is now back enabled.....

There was no plugin installed but you never know!

MisterStuart
  • Thanks! I'll be waiting to see what your results are. :)

• JB_JB_ Posts: 1

After this last update, I'm in the same boat - however, I have turned off all autofill options, and it's still slow.  Any suggestions?  I used to love this program - it's getting extremely frustrating now.

MisterStuart
  • Hi JB,

Unfortunately, it looks as if F-Secure Key has been put on the backburner for a while since we've not heard any updates on its progress in quite some time. It's a shame too because it's a great product. I've pretty much accepted the fact that I'm going to be stuck using LastPASS for the foreseeable future. Smiley Sad

• ChameniChameni Posts: 235

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

We do apologies for the issue with F-Secure Key. Please open a support ticket here and include the log to your request so we can investigate better this issue.

You can get the log from below path :

Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\F-Secure\Pwmgr\Pwmgr.log
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/F-Secure/Pwmgr/Pwmgr.log

We appreciate your comprehension with the matter.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.