F-Secure KEY (free version) / Broken laptop / Retrieving passwords

I have been using free version of KEY.  My laptop broke down and now I'm trying to figure out, if there is any way to retrieve my passwords and access/use them on my new laptop. I have access to the 'Safe mode' of the broken laptop and possibility to copy data from there. If there is possibility to retrieve the data, how the file(s) is named? Most likely I have to copy the whole 'F-Secury Key' -folder from Program Files.

When downloading the KEY to my new laptop, should I have the Premium version of the program or can I still continue with the free version?

Best Answer

• BenBen Posts: 2,640 F-Secure Product Expert
    Accepted Answer

Hello Contiki,

Copying “F-Secury Key” folder from “Program Files” won’t help to restore your password collection, but you may copy a whole folder <C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\F-Secure\Pwmgr and replace it on your new machine.

If you had Premium on old broken laptop, you will restore your Premium subscription as well. 

BonaVox

Comments

• foxfox Posts: 20

I had same problem that my computer did not start (windows 7). I attached disk to another computer via usb-adapter and copied  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\F-Secure\Pwmgr folder to new computer. I did not get my data back! F-Secure Key is still empty!

EDIT: I had to kill fskey process to replace all files. Now working!

This discussion has been closed.