F-Secure KEY feature requests

dukavidukavi Posts: 107

Our goal is security, reliability and high quality, not much to discuss here. But we want it to be convenient for normal users, so expecting your feedbacks, what kind of features you would like to see in this application?
We don’t want to overwhelm the application with big number of rarely used features, we want it to keep simple and easy to use, just exactly what’s needed.
You may suggest new features here, but please, keep description short and clear.

Comments

• JassuJassu Posts: 42

Some Android versions ago it was possible to use Key in portrait and landscape mode's - this is not possible anymore. I hope this feature will come back.

• BenBen Posts: 2,640

Credit to @Kolja-FIN

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Feature-Requests/F-Secure-Key-Password-history/idi-p/70853

"Please implement automated versioning and history for passwords. It is too easy now to accidentally change a password as it is, and there is no way to revert or look back what the previous password was."

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Feature-Requests/F-Secure-Key-Displaying-long/idi-p/70854

"Please develop a better way to display long passwords on phones. For example the password could be displayed on multiple rows.

Now viewing a long password in entirety requires one to actually switch the password to edit mode. That is not good usability, and it is way too easy to make an accidental edit while doing so."

JDavidJ
  • WJSWJS Posts: 8

I'd like the option to hide/obscure the notes section of an entry. I add the answers to security questions in this field.

• dukavidukavi Posts: 107

@Jassu wrote:

Some Android versions ago it was possible to use Key in portrait and landscape mode's - this is not possible anymore. I hope this feature will come back.

I don't think there ever was a landscape mode. No plans to add it so far.

@WJS wrote:

I'd like the option to hide/obscure the notes section of an entry. I add the answers to security questions in this field.

If notes are missing and field is empty, Notes field will not be visible in accordion view, so I am not sure how it should look like.

• WJSWJS Posts: 8

@dukavi wrote:

@WJS wrote:

If notes are missing and field is empty, Notes field will not be visible in accordion view, so I am not sure how it should look like.

My suggestion would be to leave it the way it appears now when there is not an entry in the Notes field. If there is an entry in the Notes field, hide the entry but indicate there is one using a drop-down UI element. When the user clicks the drop-down arrow, the entry is displayed. 

Hiding this field could also be a user option (e.g. Settings > General > Hide Note Field <enable><disable>).

@dukavi wrote:

I don't think there ever was a landscape mode. No plans to add it so far.

Dukavi, You must be new with this project :)

Here's old feature request after landscape mode disappeared - it has been been there 100% sure.

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key/Portrait-Landscape-option-not/m-p/58311#M817

It was still there during last summer, that answer is from September 2014.

Please bring it back, it's awful to use tablet at car dock, when everything else works correctly but when you need password, your screen turn 90 degrees wrong way because key supports only portrait.

-------------------------------------

From kiljander (F-Secure Product Manager): "Unfortunately we had to drop the lanscape support when rewriting the 2.0 KEY user interface. We know that some KEY users really like it so we plan to bring it back in a future release both for Android and iOS."

Quote from FSsecure staff member, highlightning made by me.

• BenBen Posts: 2,640

Credits to @PIX3L5

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Feature-Requests/F-Key-Improvements/idi-p/71051

Just a few ideas-

UI Layouts:

Could we have more choice of layouts.

so not just a list but just icons, but like side by side.

real logos of the websites.

UI Colours:

More icon colours and also choice of colours for the whole fkey.

Devices:

Show which device you are shareing your keys with.

Add more than just one connect device as i have pc, laptop, tablet and smartphone.

Categories:

have catgories like shopping, gaming, communications, food shops, tech shops and so on. banking and forums, social media.

More icons:

Foodshops- asda, tesco, morrisons, lidl, aldi, sainsburys, waitrose, iceland

clothes shops/tech shops

email sites

body- boots, doctors, superdrugs

jewelry

tech- corsair and many others

games shops- game

gamesites- origin, steam

mobiles- three, o2, EE, giffgaff, vodaphone and so on

post and couiers- royalmail, dpd, parcelforce, ups, tnt and so on

tv- bbc, itv, all4, 5oD

tv services- Sky, Virgin Media, Freeview, Youview

@WJS wrote:

My suggestion would be to leave it the way it appears now when there is not an entry in the Notes field. If there is an entry in the Notes field, hide the entry but indicate there is one using a drop-down UI element. When the user clicks the drop-down arrow, the entry is displayed. 

Hiding this field could also be a user option (e.g. Settings > General > Hide Note Field <enable><disable>).

OK, now I got the point, we will take this into consideration.

@Jassu wrote:

From kiljander (F-Secure Product Manager): "Unfortunately we had to drop the lanscape support when rewriting the 2.0 KEY user interface. We know that some KEY users really like it so we plan to bring it back in a future release both for Android and iOS."

Quote from FSsecure staff member, highlightning made by me.

:) There was some miscommunication on the issue. Still, lansdscape layout (and tablet support) not in priority list.

@dukavi wrote:
    :) There was some miscommunication on the issue. Still, lansdscape layout (and tablet support) not in priority list.

Ok, sad to hear that. Please remember that many phones are also using landscape mode when docked.

It was a nice feature with 1.xx version, really sad that it disappeared with version 2.

• BruceBruce Posts: 18

When opening Key on my PC, the last password I needed is open. Can this be changed so only the names of the sites are available- not all the details of the last site you needed to retrieve the password for?

• terotikterotik Posts: 4

I frequently use the same user name (ie. email address) for different logins. Could there be some sort of auto-fill feature for user name field when you add a new site? 

@terotik wrote:

I frequently use the same user name (ie. email address) for different logins. Could there be some sort of auto-fill feature for user name field when you add a new site? 

Do you mean when you are registering on new website to autofill username?

• terotikterotik Posts: 4

I mean when you are adding a new website & password and filling in the details in KEY app - there could be some kind of autofill in the username field that suggests the usernames you have used previously as you type. This could work on both desktop and mobile apps. 

Also on mobile app, would be handy to show the email-address specific keyboard when entering the username. Nowadays most of the time the usernames are email-addresses.

Little details, but it's nice when you can save extra typing especially on mobile.

@terotik wrote:

I mean when you are adding a new website & password and filling in the details in KEY app - there could be some kind of autofill in the username field that suggests the usernames you have used previously as you type. This could work on both desktop and mobile apps. 

Also on mobile app, would be handy to show the email-address specific keyboard when entering the username. Nowadays most of the time the usernames are email-addresses.

Little details, but it's nice when you can save extra typing especially on mobile.

It looks like a nice feature, although there are security limitations here, because every password entry (username, password and other fields) is encrypted separately, and when you start filling new entry, all others remain encrypted and username you have used in other entries is not known.

• rimeikisrimeikis Posts: 3
    Hi, I'm a premium F-secure Key user and my question and therefore feature request would be: Following yesterdays breach of LastPass, do you plan to enable two-factor authentication to provide an additional layer of security for your users?
  • FluffyTuxFluffyTux Posts: 10

It's been a while since I've had any news on the topic, but last I checked, I still couldn't get KEY to sync at work, due to an authenticated proxy...

I'm not even getting the software update notifications either. Sadly, this discouraged a few of my colleagues who went for other password managing solutions instead.

The feature request I created back then was:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Feature-Requests/F-Secure-KEY-Support-for-proxy/idi-p/64070

And the post I'd written before that was

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key/Key-quot-Server-unreachable-quot/td-p/49087

Here's hoping to get some news on the issue.

Cheers,

We don’t know how common a problem with authenticated proxy is. Many other applications that require network connection don’t support this feature either. If there will be more requests for this feature, we will add it to the list.
    Upgrade notifications most likely are not available probably because of the same problem, you may download the build manually from https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/key.

• trantakotrantako Posts: 2

The product is nice. I have it for personal use, but there are passwords that I'd like to share with family and with my colleagues. Currently haven't found any way to do that, except to switch to competitor.

Please consider adding support for multiple accounts per one computer/mobile.

• There is clearly a security breach. Once F-Secure Key is opened anyone connecting to a site from the computer will be able to click onto password protected sites, using the automatic access when the login and password boxes appear. The password will not be shown but automatic access to the site will be easily accessed. There should surely be a setting to switch this automatic feature OFF, otherwise "peepers" or hackers will be able to access one's password protected sites when F_Secure Key is open. This is hardly SECURE.

@tumasek_20 wrote:
    There is clearly a security breach. Once F-Secure Key is opened anyone connecting to a site from the computer will be able to click onto password protected sites, using the automatic access when the login and password boxes appear. The password will not be shown but automatic access to the site will be easily accessed. There should surely be a setting to switch this automatic feature OFF, otherwise "peepers" or hackers will be able to access one's password protected sites when F_Secure Key is open. This is hardly SECURE.

I probably not completely understood the problem you have described.

It is not possible to fill the web forms when KEY application is logged out. You will be asked to put your master password first before you can fill the web forms.

To log out from KEY, you may select “Lock” menu item or it will be logged out automatically by timeout, based on time settings in “Settings” menu.

• I understand all that. What bothers me is that when the KEY application is opened, then the web forms are immediately accessible. This is a helpful feature but hardly secure. For instance, should I be adding or amending any other password with the KEY application necessarily open, then any hacker can go direct to ALL my links since the automatic login/password will be available, without even bothering going through the KEY application at all. A previous response said this was akin to a car alarm, which I do not accep as  afir analogy. Of course if I leave the car alarm off then my list of passwords are visible on the back seat should anyone look there. But if I leave my car alarm off I don't expect anyone to be able to immediately walk straight into my bank without even bothering about the list on the back seat of the car. So I would expect a setting in F_Secure Key to allow disabling of the automation aspect. I would rather my main password simply open the passwod vault for MY access, and not be immediately available elsewhere. If I wish simply to alter/amend with F_Scure Key open then a hacker has DIRECT access to all the available links without having to look at the open F_Secure Key application at all.
  • S-WS-W Posts: 13

- Support for windows phone

- Support for chomebook

I know, that this last one could be tricky to implement in technical point of view.

• Bank & Quicken security

• Allow disabling the autofill function ASAP!

On Win10 Key will use 7-15% CPU time constantly in the background often significantly lowering my laptop's battery life. This has made it completely unusable. I'm fine copying the passwords by hand from the app, if this alleviates this issue, with the Key keyboard broken on Android it's not like I have the same luxury on my other devices, so it's a small price to pay.

Lower priority things:

1.  More colors and icons for passwords. If you're againts custom icons, at least provide us  with a ton of your own ones, the default 39, out of which 19 are for specific sites, and the 10 colors don't really allow for much.
    2. on the topic of icons: allow setting two-letter icons on the Windows client as well, it's annoying having to fetch  my phone just to use one additional icon type.
    3. add timed autolock to Android
    4. fix the Key keyboard on Android so it works on non-AOSP phone
    5. unify the UI (example: on Android you tap the little  icons to the left of the username and password fields to copy, on Windows clicking them does nothing, and there's a separate button on the right for the same function)
    6. Password import from browsers. I couldn't believe this wasn't a feature already. Luckily LastPass DOES support this, but it feels a bit silly installing ANOTHER password manager just for the job of importing logins from my browser just to immediately export them to Key.

That's all that I've been missing for the short time I've been using Key.

• makanmakan Posts: 18

i need Key have grouping feature

so i can separate @ works credential, @ home credential and etc.

right now we only have two tab (favorites & all). we can add the third tab for groups.

on groups tab we can add new group, add entries to a group and show all entries within their groups.

when you create an entry, you also have an option to add it to a new or existing group.

Smiley Wink

Temposaur_1

@shinmai wrote:

Allow disabling the autofill function ASAP!

On Win10 Key will use 7-15% CPU time constantly in the background often significantly lowering my laptop's battery life. This has made it completely unusable. I'm fine copying the passwords by hand from the app, if this alleviates this issue, with the Key keyboard broken on Android it's not like I have the same luxury on my other devices, so it's a small price to pay.

Lower priority things:

1.  More colors and icons for passwords. If you're againts custom icons, at least provide us  with a ton of your own ones, the default 39, out of which 19 are for specific sites, and the 10 colors don't really allow for much.
    2. on the topic of icons: allow setting two-letter icons on the Windows client as well, it's annoying having to fetch  my phone just to use one additional icon type.
    3. add timed autolock to Android
    4. fix the Key keyboard on Android so it works on non-AOSP phone
    5. unify the UI (example: on Android you tap the little  icons to the left of the username and password fields to copy, on Windows clicking them does nothing, and there's a separate button on the right for the same function)
    6. Password import from browsers. I couldn't believe this wasn't a feature already. Luckily LastPass DOES support this, but it feels a bit silly installing ANOTHER password manager just for the job of importing logins from my browser just to immediately export them to Key.

That's all that I've been missing for the short time I've been using Key.

Thank you for feedback, you have valid points and we are already working on it.

We are planning to migrate from our current autofill approach to browser extensions, it will reduce CPU usage, will allow importing passwords from browsers, automatic login and other features.

We will add more icons in a future releases. Android version will have more features soon, but not the improvements you have mentioned. We will take those into consideration for future.

Temposaur_1
  • I would like to see these kinds of folders or groups as well.

Now I don't want to mix my work passwords and my personal passwords together and groups/folders would solve this.

• Is it possible please to ensure that when F-Secure Key is locked and the interface closed that the process fskey.exe is also ended. It seems to remain running in the background unless closed with Windows Task Manager. Surely when the program is closed the process should also terminate?

This discussion has been closed.