Unable to install F-Secure KEY

Computer running Windows 7 64 Bit.

Downloaded software and then tried to install.  I got as far as selecting where I wanted to tdownload to and I elected for the default as suggested by installation programme, which is the Local Drive.  I then got an error message stating it must be downloaded to a Local Drive and then stops.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• SimonSimon Posts: 2,605 Superuser

Not having used the product myself, the only thing I can suggest at the moment is to try manually selecting the local drive (usually C) during the installation, assuming you're given that option.

• Fatkev48Fatkev48 Posts: 7

Thanks,

I am reasonably Computer literate and I have tried that to no avail.  I have also been in touch with F-Secure direct and they told me to use the community..

• dukavidukavi Posts: 107
    It is not clear what do you mean by saying “can’t download to local drive”. Was it installation that failed? When you start installation (after downloading the installer), it doesn’t download anything else.

Hi,

The instal program downloaded perfectly and was saved in its normal location for downloads.  I then ran the installer and at the point where it asks for the user to select where to install the programme I have selected the default choice, ie x86 folder on my C: Drive. When I then click OK I get the message "Programme must be installed to the local drive, Which C: is.  I have also created a folder on my C: Drive jusrt for the KEY programme, selected that to install to and I still get the same message.

I hoper that makes it clearer.

So you cannot install to a folder which is not default installation folder?

It should work.

Makes sense to check folder permissions though.

Hi,

I think you are still misunderstanding.  I cannot install to any folder, including the default one.  I keep getting the message "Installation directory must be on a local hard drive." The default and any I put in are always on the local C: Drive.  So I still cannot install.

Regards,

Loba59
    Installation log file might be needed to investigate this problem. To create installation log you should run installer with additional command line options:

msiexec /i "f-secure_key_win.msi" /L*V "fskey_install.log"

"f-secure_key_win.msi" - a path to the installer
    "fskey_install.log" - a path to a log file

Once you create a log file, you may PM a log file to me or send to [email protected]

Apologies I have been away for a few days.

Pardon my ignorance how do I run the installer with additional commands?  Could you please be more specific.

Regards,

Kevin

@Fatkev48 wrote:

Apologies I have been away for a few days.

Pardon my ignorance how do I run the installer with additional commands?  Could you please be more specific.

Regards,

Kevin

1. Copy installer to some folder, e.g. C:\Temp

2. Press Windows+R

3. Type "cmd"

4. Then run from command line:

msiexec /i "C:\Temp\f-secure_key_win.msi" /L*V "C:\Temp\fskey_install.log"

5. Take a log file C:\Temp\fskey_install.log and send to us.

Hi,

Install Log sent as a PM

Regards,

Kevin

Hi,

Tried the new version and still get the same problem.  I have PM'd dukavi (F-Secure) the instal log again.

Regards,

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.