Application lost / vanished on OS X 10.10.1

I wonder what took place in the following.

I installed F-Secure KEY on my MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.1 a few days ago. Application showed nicely in the top-of-the-screen-icon-bar. I entered something like 100+ websites with usernames and passwords in KEY. I was able to generate new passwords, copy created passwords, etc. exactly like one would expect.

Today 22.12.2014 when I restarted my Mac, F-Secure KEY application is nowhere to find. Nothing in Applications-folder, no results when searched, etc. Wow, what happened?

Any ideas from anyone what to do in order to get the application back? Or am I just lost where the application is located?

Accepted Answer

Comments

• MimaMima Posts: 2

@Mima wrote:

I wonder what took place in the following.

I installed F-Secure KEY on my MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.1 a few days ago. Application showed nicely in the top-of-the-screen-icon-bar. I entered something like 100+ websites with usernames and passwords in KEY. I was able to generate new passwords, copy created passwords, etc. exactly like one would expect.

Today 22.12.2014 when I restarted my Mac, F-Secure KEY application is nowhere to find. Nothing in Applications-folder, no results when searched, etc. Wow, what happened?

Any ideas from anyone what to do in order to get the application back? Or am I just lost where the application is located?

Thanks Harri and another person for out-of-the-box problem solving. 

In fact, I had double-clicked the application to install it like one often does with Mac. And I did not pay attention to that the application I was using was in fact the application to be installed, i.e. dragged to the application folder.

I would recommend that F-Secure makes the installation on Mac in the same way as 

1) Google Drive if F-Secure wants user to drag KEY-application to the Application folder. There is a clear arrow indicating what to do, or

2) Dropbox if F-Secure wants user to double click KEY-application installer.

This discussion has been closed.