Key stopped working, re-installed, cannot connect device

Hello

I have Key in three devices: Samsung Note 3, Samsung Tab S and on my laptop and I have Premium account.

Earlier all worked ok in all devices but now have multiple problems: Key stopped working in my Samsung Note3 and Tab S: In Tab S when I clicked the icon it opened the 'welcome page' only but not the app itself. In my Note 3 it opened the app for a while but then an error message that Fsecure stopped.

I uninstalled in both devices and then downloaded and installed again. But when I try to connect it asks to enter the code to connect. When I try to connect in my laptop, the icon on laptop screen simply does not work, when I click the "Connect devices", nothing happens at all. So I cannot open that tab at all in the laptop and therefore now I cannot Sync any of my devices.

How to solve this?

Really a problem because all passwords are in the Key and now cannot use anything in my mobile devices without carrying my laptop with me

Comments

• Good Morning Hexa! I'm sure we can solve this. You can answer me with a private message if you like. 

1) How did you originally aquire the premium status? ie, desktop purchase? voucher? android play store?

2) What version is your desktop in ( Iassume your androids are recent enough due to reinstallation)

3) Does your desktop say free or premium in the bottom of the menu?

4) On the desktop can you select help -> about -> click on the version number a few times ( 7 or so ).  Then click on send when it appears to send logs and then post or message me with the 4 word code you get.

++lauri

• HexaHexa Posts: 4
    hi, 1) purchased using Key app on my phone 2) version is 2.0.129 3) says: KEY PREMIUM with Yellow font 4) pail toothpaste bridge melon Heikki

Hello

I would really appreciate an answer on this

Please reply

Hexa

• I have the same problem.

1) Key App premium on a MacBook Pro - app version 2.0.129 - snake son year guitar

2) Key App Free on a Samsung S5 - app version 2.1.7 - no sync

3) Key App premium on a Windows 8.1 pc - app version 2.0.145 - sync

• Updated the key app on the Mac to version 2.0.145. Same problem.

potato farmer melon service
  • Hello Hexa, sorry the radio silence. I took a look at the logs and didn't find anything incriminating. Could be that the issue wasn't visible in those. Can you try to click on the connect devices in desktop and then re-send logs, that way the issue, if logged properly, should be visible. Sorry again, it is a really baffling issue. 

++lauri

• Hello Jayworld, by same problem you mean that you are also unable to open the Connect devices tab on the desktop client? It won't open on mac or pc ?

Have you tried creating a sync code on the pc and inputting that in the android phone? 

++lauri

• Hello Lauri,

I've created a sync code on the Mac (which works - I can sync with my PC) but after I entered the code on the Android phone, the phone won't sync. 

Best regards,

J.

Hi again

As said earlier:  when I click the 'Connect devices' in my laptop - absolutely nothing happens, it does not bring me to any other screen or anything - it is completely 'dead' button on the desktop

anyway, i sent the log again: chalk powder crayon pail

Please help urgently on this

• Well, Hexa, I'm sorry to say but I am completely baffled. I can't fathom what would cause such a quirk.  As my last effort, I would like to ask you to export your data to safety from the desktop, uninstall it ( data and program alike) and then re-install it.   See if the connect device works before importing data, then see if it works after importing data. 

• Hello again Jayworld, I would like to inquire about some details of your conundrum. 

So you when you enter sync code on android, what happens? Does it very briefly flash a screen saying "connecting" ? Does anything happen when you click the button? Do you have very many entries perhaps? hundreds?  What happens if you press back button on android after entering sync code and pressing enter? Have you tried checking the list view of entries just incase?

++lauri

• Hi Lauri, 

Q : So you when you enter sync code on android, what happens? Does it very briefly flash a screen saying "connecting" ? Does anything happen when you click the button?

A : The screen "connecting" appears and nothing happens.

Q: Do you have very many entries perhaps? hundreds?  

A : No, a normal amount of entries.

Q : What happens if you press back button on android after entering sync code and pressing enter? Have you tried checking the list view of entries just incase?

A : Nothing happens and yes I have used also the list view, but no changes.

Best regards, J.

This discussion has been closed.