Android sync stopped

Do you know if there are any know bugs with Androids that stop syncing with other devices using KEY?

I’m running Android 4.3 on a Galaxy S3 and Key v 2.0.16.

I think syncing stopped working when I last upgraded the Android App.

Sync works across my Windows PC and iPad both ways but the Android is now out of the loop and wont sync inbound or outbound.

Best Answer

• kiljanderkiljander Posts: 49
    Accepted Answer

Thank you all for this feedback! It is highly valuable to us in the KEY development team.

We have today released a new Android version of KEY to Google Play and it should become available in all GP servers globally shortly. There's a number of improvents to the synchronization functionality and reliability. Please ensure you install this 2.1.2 version when available in your Android device. We have also pushed a new  iOS version 2.0.37 of KEY to the Apple iTunes approval process and it usually takes about two weeks for them to approve a new release. Please also ensure that you are using the latest Windows or Mac OS X version of KEY (2.0.129).

Thanks & please do keep the feedback and feature ideas coming!

Harri Kiljander

F-Secure

Comments

• Same Problem.

• GavGav Posts: 4
    I'm going to uninstall the app from my phone and then re associate it with the key account. I love the service now, I must use it more than a dozen times a day so it's a pain when it doesn't work.
  • Sync does not talk from my Win 7 pc to my android samsung galaxy s5 phone.

i have 3 yearly "premium key" devices and they do not talk to eachother at all.

kenneth edelstein

when will this be fixed?

• ON the PC the entries show as a list, on the android phone it starts with a circle of "favorites" and APPEARS that nothing is there. But it IS there, just press the magnifying glass and you will see the list. Nothing is in the circle as none of the transferred (via sync) entries are favorites. I sure wish that was made clear in the (non existent) help file, such a little thing; but it drove me NUTS for hours.
  • Hi Kenneth, thanks for the feedback! We do not currently automatically populate the favorites ring with your passwords but we let the you to decide which passwords should go there. Maybe we should add some extra intelligence here?

Harri Kiljander

F-Secure

This discussion has been closed.